Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Long load times on opening the project that occationally lead to a crash

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by DevinW, Oct 25, 2016.

1. DevinW

DevinW

Hello,

My team has been experiencing very very long load times when first opening the project. For me it's averaging between 2-3 minutes and I have a very beefy machine. It's very much so directly related to Collab - when loading the project with collab disabled it takes under 20 seconds to load. One of my teammates has a worse computer and it takes him 5+ minutes to load with collab on.

This is obviously frustrating - Collab wasn't always like this though I believe its related to the growth of the project, the project was moved to Collab when it was about half a gig or so, at that time load times seem reasonable. As of now it's around 2.7gigs and about 100 commits in.

The load times are long but the worse part of it if I make any actions to unity or even alt tabbing causes Unity to crash so I literally can't do anything. The state of the load times and crashes make a really large negative impact on my perception of collab :(. I'm sure i'm preaching to the quire though on how important load times are to a product.

Thanks for listening,

2. unity-tuesday

unity-tuesday

Unity Technologies

It doesn't look like your project is large enough to be causing such a lag, so we'd definitely like to have a closer look here, @DevinW!

Please submit a bug and use the command line argument -enableCollabEventLogs so that we can investigate.

holliebuckets likes this.