Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games Lonely Adventure

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by msurma, Apr 20, 2017.

1. msurma

msurma

Hi guys,

I have been working for several months on a game and I would like to hear your opinions on it.

Lonely Adventure is a single player, first person, space adventure & shooter where player takes a journey to the edge of the Solar system. He must discover the source of an anomaly suspected of causing asteroids activity to threaten the Earth. Along the way he will have to survive deep space dangers.

I believe that even story driven games should not be played passively. So instead of watching the story unfolding before his eyes and only choosing dialog options the player should change the world by his actions.

Be prepared for some hidden secrets – not everything is as it seems…

Features:
    • Original story about human place in universe. Some mystery to discover
    • Open world with size of 1 billion km without any loading screens
    • Meaningful decisions made not by choosing dialog options but by actual actions performed
    • Several different endings
    • Possibility to immerse in deep space travel
    • Realistic ship maneuver in vacuum space. No artificial friction
    • Destroying objects (asteroids and others)
    • Mining asteroids for substance and energy
    • Sensitivity to cosmic radiation, lack of sleep, lack of oxygen, over acceleration
    • Repairing damaged ship components
    • Flying school
    • Micro-jumps, a wormhole like travel mechanism
    • Interesting space phenomenons
    I would like to have this game ready autumn 2017 on a PC platform and other platforms later.

In case of success (or not a big failure) game will have continuation in next episodes as there is a long story to be shown.

First screen:

What do you think about general concept?
    Aren't there too many space sim games already?

More info (soon) here: http://lonelyadventure.com

alexanderameye and PhilippG like this.
  2. msurma

msurma

Recently someone told me that this cockpit image is too flat. There is no illusion being inside a space ship. What do You think?

3. msurma

msurma

A new version of cockpit. Better than prev or not?
    lonelyadventure 2017-04-21 22-12-35-63.jpg

alexanderameye likes this.
  4. khos

khos

Can you show a video? :)

5. msurma

msurma

Sure, I am working on it :) Tomorrow.

6. msurma

msurma

Te begin with somethiong - very short video showing a new cockpit. Any kind of feedback appreciated.

7. khos

khos

Ok , that is really short, not much gameplay so would like to give feedback as there is not much to go on :) Keep going though, a longer gameplay demo would be nice :)

8. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

It does look very flat, try taking a look at these, notice how they all have much more depth to them, which gives the illusion of being in a cockpit.

alexanderameye and theANMATOR2b like this.
  9. msurma

msurma

@RavenOfCode thanks for your suggestion. Hopefully I may have a good idea how to improve the cockpit.
    Also in a few days I will publish a playable demo (one in a series) to show how lasers work.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  10. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

The brief story elements are a little hard to take because of the simple missing logic in the story - that no ONE person would ever be sent somewhere unless he was like the very first person ever to be sent on a mission like that, or he is the last/sole survivor from a team that was originally dispatched to find the anomaly.
    I think the story arc would be improved - more believable if the player character was accompanied by either human NPCs or at the very least inorganic life forms to accompany him and help him on his journey.

11. msurma

msurma

You comment made me thinking. I agree with your doubts about why one single person would be sent on such important mission. The problem is that in this story there is a logical explanation but I am not sure I should disclose it before game is released :)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  12. msurma

msurma

And there is a new video showing a new version of cockpit (hopefully a little better) and also how lasers work. What do you think guys?

RavenOfCode likes this.
  13. khos

khos

Not bad start, but if you are trying to compete with games like elite dangerous then I wish you luck, that won't be easy to top those, see this screenshot, the graphics are amazing:

Notice the volumetric fog and much more detials/debris etc etc, more 3d look of cockpit.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  14. msurma

msurma

Oh, this would be extremely difficult :) However, to be honest, this volumetric fog in particular is a cheap effect in my opinion. Volumetric fog in a vacuum?

In fact I am not trying to compete with elite dangerous. At least not yet :)
    My game is more story driven so I hope that pure graphical effects are not so much important. Nevertheless I will add more details and make cockpit a little more bright.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  15. msurma

msurma

Another version. Am I going in a good direction?

16. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

No you shouldnt. As long as the story explains this in a believeable manner - it is a good story hook to keep undisclosed.
    Keep at it.

17. msurma

msurma

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  18. msurma

msurma

Hi, this time a picture of asteroid family on it's way to next galaxy :)

19. msurma

msurma

20. msurma

msurma

Finally the first version (preview) of Lonely Adventure is ready to download: https://ingraw.itch.io/lonely-adventure-preview-1.
    Most of the game content in this version is removed or hidden. Only a part of the tutorial is available, which is in the form of several school missions to learn how to control the ship.

Please check it and post your opinion. I will correct any kind of issue and even make huge changes if necessary.

In this version the emphasis is on the way the ship is controlled and the keyboard keys used
    I invite you to join the discussion on reddit forum https://www.reddit.com/r/LonelyAdventure/