Search Unity

Question Login with specific player ID

Discussion in 'Authentication' started by Hiago_AD, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Hiago_AD

Hiago_AD

I'm making a support tool, and it would be nice for the support to login into the user's account to see if everything is fine, so if I have the player ID, is there a way to login with it?

Another idea is to copy a player's content into a support account, but the 3rd party logins that I'm using (google and apple) doesn't work on the editor, and login anonymously creates a new account every time, so I'm out of ideas how can I login with a specific account after cleared all the player prefs, so I'm open to new suggestions too.

2. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Hiago,
    Would you be able to use the dashboard to support you require? Dashboard > LiveOps > Player Management

Unfortunately 3rd party products don't allow us to login through the Unity Editor. Most tests are platform specific.
    Could you share a scenario of why you would login with a user account?

Thanks for the additional details.

3. Hiago_AD

Hiago_AD

The problem:
    * The user opens a ticket saying something is wrong
    * Support goes into the Unity Dashboard, finds what is wrong, and fixes.
    * How to test if the fix does in fact fix the problem?

Solution 1 (not desired):
    * Go into the user's account and validate if everything is working
    Solution's problem:
    * There is no way of logging in into that account
    * It is obviously not desired, we should have means to do it without interfering with the user's account.

Solution 2 (desired):
    * Copy all the content from the user's account
    * Dump it into a support account
    Solution's problem:
    * Sometimes we need to clear all the local stored data (cache) so all the data comes from the server
    * The only method available for login in the Unity Editor is anonymously, and if the check needs all the player prefs to be deleted, so you can't have the support account's ID to dump the copy of the user content.

SebT_Unity likes this.
  4. luchoscar01

luchoscar01

hi, i know it has been a while since the thread got updated, but i was wondering if there was any work around for this? The only way i've been able to swap accounts in editor is by getting a hold of the session token and authentication token of the player id i want to test (as long as they player did not sign off that session). I have only tested this by switching anonymous accounts created via the editor, so there might be some issue if that token expires before it gets to you or the player.
    On a previous studio, i implemented the work around of creating a new player and then running a server script to copy all relevant data from the player i needed to test. The only thing is that this was in our internal services and not UGS. You might be able to do something similar using cloud scripts
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯