Search Unity

Question login system via a special restAPI

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by codeBatt, Jan 28, 2023.

1. codeBatt

codeBatt

I need to program a simple user and password login (accessing a backend server - to provided endpoints) on the mobile game which made wih Unity.

I than need to submit final score to endpoints as well (after successful login) to a leaderboard in a backend-server. The API is in the link and I do not know even where to start, could anyone help me on what should I do implementing this?

API:https://api.joinzeus.xyz/docs

I once made a connecting a game to firebase for this purpose.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I would just use firebase or Google login, or if you're on Apple use Apple Sign-in.

Why reinvent the wheel?

With GDPR and CCPA and all the myriad draconian privacy protection laws, you absolutely positively DO NOT WANT to start collecting user information unless you have a massive legal team to defend you against the lawsuits.

3. codeBatt

codeBatt

I totally agree, just a given task.. I told many times they do not want to understand

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I suppose the first step would be to design a UX flow:

- new user -> registration, collect info, send to server to record

- returning user -> login, send to server, validate

Then decide how you want to auth: a session key? A magic cookie? re-sending the userid/pw each time?

Each way has pros and cons and pitfalls.

Once you have the login / auth going, submitting the score is just another server call where it records the score in a database.

When you're ready to display the best score, make a server endpoint that searches the database of scores for the highest one and returns it

It's all pretty straightforward stuff and only a tiny bit of it has anything to do with Unity. The bulk of it is server / backend / networking, etc.

PS - don't forget:

- "I forgot my username!"
    - "I forgot my password!"
    - "I want to change my username!"
    - "I want to change my password!"

and of course:

- "delete my account"

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
    codeBatt likes this.