Search Unity

Question logcat debugging

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by liambilly, Feb 22, 2023.

1. liambilly

liambilly

i have a android game, when i run it in editor or unity remote its fine, however after installing it and using logcat, it thorws an error shared attribute region not available to be mapped and nothing responds in the game then it crashes, how can i fix this

2. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Hi liambilly,

Thanks for reaching out to the support team! What SDK version are you using? I wonder if logcat is causing interference with our Geo-IP lookup or consent checks. Do you know if you're sending events appropriately when NOT using logcat? It's not something I've seen before when using logcat. You can read more about the technical consent workflow here.

Let me know!

Best,
    Randy

3. liambilly

liambilly

i use the one that unity has when one downloads the Android module,[i think they are usually java oracle] i tried this in unity 2021.3.17 $ 19 for 17 it was logging constantly and for 19 it was logging when there is input e.i I have implemented touch input n ui when i touch the screen it just logs the error

4. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Ah sorry liambilly, I didn't realize it was an issue specific to logcat. I thought it was a Unity Analytics issue in combination with logcat, judging by the forum you placed this in.

Have you tried using the Android forum for this issue? It's possible you'll find the answer in the posts that already exist, or of course you could create a new one as you have here in the Analytics/Player Engagement forum.

If I'm off base and this in fact is an Analytics issue, let me know!

Randy

5. thundercloud32304

thundercloud32304

Shared attribute region not available to be mapped