Search Unity

Feedback "LOD setup", Asset submission rejected

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Weidz_, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Weidz_

Weidz_

We do not allow prefabs that contain a mesh with LOD written in its name, but without an LOD element or more than 1 mesh attached. Please make sure that LODs are correctly set up in the prefab. Refer to the LODGroup Manual to set up your LODs.

It says that on each of my nested prefabs and I cannot publish my asset, what am I supposed to do ?

Exemple of prefab :

• [Prefab]ObjectA
      • ObjectO
        • [Prefab]ObjectE
          • [Prefab][LOD Group]ObjectU
            • Mesh_LOD0
            • Mesh_LOD1
            • Mesh_LOD2
    ObjectA and ObjectE prefabs would appear as invalid by the validator.
    This person said their asset was accepted even with validation error but I tried it and mine got rejected.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  2. Weidz_

Weidz_

3. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

Hi, our Content Ops have looked into this:

"This usually appears when LODs are nested within multiple parents (Prefab>Prefab>LOD1;LOD2). This specific check is meant for large meshes, where it's nonoptimal to have a wall made of separate bricks with LODs, rather than LODs of the wall as a whole. In this particular case - LODs of the whole rocketship would pass the check, whereas LODs of separate parts of the rocketship nested within multiple parents wouldn't."

In this case, if the submission was auto-rejected, please reply to the rejection email or create a support ticket, and the content ops team can help out directly.

4. Weidz_

Weidz_

I haven't got any emails, just the rejected label appearing on the submission along with the error.
    I submitted a bug report (CASE IN-23696) but I have no idea if it was at the right place, hasn't heard from them yet.

I ended up sub-packaging the prefabs for the users to unpack as a workaround.

5. highpolyForehead

highpolyForehead

Hi Weidz_,

I'm facing the same problem. How did you sub-package the prefabs?
    I couldn't find any information about it ob internet

6. Unity_Aiden

Unity_Aiden

Unity Technologies

Hi, folks!

This issue should now be fixed with Asset Store Publishing Tools 11.2.2.

More information for this patch release can be found here