Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

LOD bias lost upon build

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by LeRan, Nov 10, 2017.

1. LeRan

LeRan

Hi forum,

This LOD thing is getting weirder by the day. Everything works according to plan in the editor and in the game launched from the editor, but once the game is built, the LOD bias seems to be reset to 1 when launched from the executable.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong ? I'm using Unity 2017 1.1f1 personal.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

The LOD Bias is controlled from the Quality settings. You can change it per quality setting so if your game defaults to a different quality setting when running then you may find it having a different bias. Check the values in Edit/Project Settings/Quality

AlanMattano likes this.
  3. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

@LeRan , There was a live training video that includes tips for LOD.

@karl_jones But a specific LOD video I think is missing in the tutorials Graphics or Unity for Artist section.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. LeRan

LeRan

Thanks for the reply. That's actually how I did it : I set the appropriate value in Edit/Project Settings/Quality, saved the project to be sure, and everything runs well from the editor. It's just that, once built, the LOD Bias value resets to one for some reason. I made sure by building and launching the game from the executable, then lauching it (with zero alteration) from the editor : the editor still has the correct LOD_Bias value, while the executable was reset to one.

Is there something in the building process that overrides the LOD_Bias value entered in Edit/Project Settings/Quality ?

5. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Not that I am aware of. Does this happen in a new project? Can you file a bug report.