Search Unity

Locking temp files

Discussion in 'Linux' started by zalan, Nov 27, 2015.

1. zalan

zalan

I am using unity3d 5.1.0f3 on kubuntu 15.10. I can build the project for android normally, but sometimes I get an error message. I implemented the latest facebook API which has a requirement of min API level: 15. My project was set to API 9, so I got an error message saying that it cannot merge the manifest files. After the building process fails, it will go on running in the background not letting me delete the temp files or start a new building process (I get an error message, that it can't copy files from Temp... to Temp...). Event if I exis unity, it will stay like that. I used the following command: lsof | grep PROJECT_FOLDER
    This process appeared on the list many times: UnityShad with multiple process id. "adb" was also there for one time, but it did not come back for the second time, like this "UnityShad". I had to kill all of the instances manually to be able to delete the Temp/ directory.

2. Nicholas-Rishel

Nicholas-Rishel

You can use "lsof +D <PROJECT_FOLDER>/Temp/" to see the specific processes locking temporary files.

You can use "kill <PROCESS_ID> <NEXT_PROCESSID> <ETC>" to solve the problem; I don't believe you need to delete the Temp/ directory after that.

In this thread I was trying to track down the issue and had more details toward the end. That might be hard to follow because I was trying to track down what I believe are more than one issue, one being me improperly mounting an NTFS drive.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015