Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Locked out of Forum Thread!

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by florianalexandru05, Nov 8, 2021.

1. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

It's not just you. I get kicked out of the forum for about 10-15 minutes when I click on the link.

I've seen the same thing happen in another long-running thread. It never got fixed and the thread author just started a new thread to continue.

My theory is that something on that page is triggering some kind-of anti-DDOS feature on the server. Like maybe too many embedded images or something. I really don't know, though.

Shreddedcoconut likes this.
  3. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Wow, thanks for the insight, at least now I have an idea. Perhaps I posted to many times to fast? I did make 3 posts in a row but this never happened before. I wish I could edit my post now haha.

4. @UnityMaru could you please look into it? It's a forum-wide issue for me now. Either it is truly forum-wide or it affects people, who visits the thread linked in OP.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  5. kdgalla

kdgalla

Yeah. what happens to me is- I go to that page. The page itself loads fine. Then I'm "Access Denied" from everything on the forum for several minutes. It's like my IP address is blocked or something.

6. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Weird, I'll try to clean up some of the pages of the thread maybe that will change something.

7. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

That is interesting, things seem to work fine for me aside from that one link, maybe I should investigate around too. Regarding my thread, I went on page 2 that seemed to work for a while, tried deleting pictures and renaming the title but it only made it worst now. Maybe Kdgalla is right, making a new thread seems to be the only way.

8. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Can you send me one of those links?

9. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

10. BennyTan

BennyTan

Just tried it and was blocked form the forum for a while as well. Fascinating. Probably some sort of bug/flaw in the forum security. So just for the record, at least 4 people (including me) have replied here and confirmed that this is an issue.

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  11. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Does it work now? It seems to be working for me and others I asked? Never mind, it's still doing the same thing.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

Clicked the link, it opened first time, closed the tab to make sure, opened it again, and then "Access Denied". I was about to type a comment confirming that there's an issue with the link thread, as soon as I started typing, the font was really "bold", even though "bold" is not selected, then I continued typing my comment anyways. And then suddenly this page turned into "Access Denied" just like the link you posted! Closed entire Chrome, opened the forums again and "Access Denied"! I cleared my browser history and now it's working again. I think your account is cursed .. LOL

florianalexandru05 and PutridEx like this.
  13. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Haha, that's fine, I think it's just that thread, I must have created this bug after posting too fast, next time I will avoid doing that.

14. Desert-Tiger-Games

Desert-Tiger-Games

Same thing happened for me few days ago. I was just checking some posts and checked on a profile. After that access denied. Its just you can not reach the forum at all.

15. Shreddedcoconut

Shreddedcoconut

Possibly it's some kind of anti-DDOS (like @kdgalla said) that locks the page after a huge amount of messages, maybe to stop spam? Or, maybe it's just a glitch, who knows :confused:

16. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

I believe this is a certificate issue that staff has resolved this issue. I'll leave thread open just in case.
    Moving to the proper place.

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

Nope, it's still not resolved "Access Denied"!

18. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Make sure your cache (not just history) is cleared and the url/link you are following is "https". Also try shift+refresh on the page to make sure. If still a problem, I'll follow up with the admins.

19. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Now it happened to another one of my long-running threads "Dwarven Expedition pack". I can't share the link because it kicks me out as soon as I try to get on it. I linked the store page instead, the link to the forum thread is the highlighted " Development Thread". Also non of the above tricks worked for me.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/dungeons/dwarven-expedition-pack-154571

Maybe something is wrong with my account?

20. All of this is true in my case:
    If it is your account, it has effect on my browser too since I just tried to visit again your asset store page (this link).
    The page was loaded without a problem I could scroll and everything. As soon as I hit page 2 (but based on previous experience doesn't matter what forum page) I got the Access Denied page.
    screenshot.png
    This is a latest Firefox. I still can browse in my Chrome, obviously, I'm writing this on Chrome.

Edit: ~5-8 minutes while I can get back control and visit the forum again without Access Denied. I couldn't measure exactly, I was too impatient to sit here and refresh when it comes back. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2021
  21. Deleted User

Deleted User

1. The link itself is clearly "https".
    2. Trying to refresh doesn't work.
    3. Cleared everything(history, cache, etc) multiple times, still, not working. You can see all checkboxes are checked/ticked (Chrome):

Screenshot 2021-11-16 141544.png

Screenshot 2021-11-16 144231.png
    Yes, your account is cursed and you need to call a priest to apply holy water asap! Nah, I'm just messing with you :D

Seriously though, I really don't know what the problem is, it seems to destroy the browser and you need to clear everything. This is really weird and bizarre :confused:

I think you have a job to do today, Admins! ;)

22. This is still happening.

23. Desert-Tiger-Games

Desert-Tiger-Games

Yes its just now happened to me but this time waiting for like 10s solved my issue but after that I wanted to write it in here. As soon as I sarted to write same msg appeared but this time to my surprise it was in a forum popup format. And I had to wait some more to this problem solved itself again so I can post this reply.

Attached Files:

• xzcx.png
      xzcx.png
      File size:
      21.1 KB
      Views: