Search Unity

[Locked Account] Unity support dictatorship

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TorbjornKett, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorbjornKett

TorbjornKett

This is an issue I've wanted to talk about for some time and the only way I know I'll ever get justice is through the public knowing about it so I've decided that it's time that I contact forums, communities, and media with the hope that I can find justice in this issue.

I'm not some rich person or well funded, I'm just someone who picked up a book and learned with three children so because of that I've not really had much support or a voice and in this world that is rather hard but I must do something otherwise I'll regret it forever.

In 2017 I was employed by an individual who we will call, "boss", who wanted work done in a VR game. He bought me a Vive, paid some upfront cash then we began on his specification and I began some UML diagrams.

Fast forward a few months, some work has been done, I've been paid monthly but work is getting limited by the fact that the boss wanted to micromanage everything (without any technical skills what so ever), he also wanted to have a meeting nearly every hour to find out what I'm currently working on and again to explain his vision for the billionth time.

During this time I had asked the boss if instead of money, could he buy some Unity assets on my account for payment, preferably some Unity assets that I would like that also assisted with the job at hand, he agreed and even stated that he would spend more money on the assets than he would to pay me because of them being job relevant.

During the next few months he had purchased quite a few assets that I directed instead of payment, I allowed him to login into my account and use his own PayPal and then I would change my password.

Fast forward to around July, I've decided that the working environment is no longer comfortable, the micromanaged is insane, I'm thrown onto many different jobs, not just the VR project and expected to meet deadlines, it became impossible especially with severe health implications so, I left his employment.

He wasn't happy about this and began retrieving my pay from PayPal, we both supplied evidence, he lost, he appealed, he lost and was banned from appealing ever again.

About half a year later, I realized some Unity assets had been abandoned and I had never once used them so I asked for a refund but because of the nature of how they were bought I had to ask for them to be directed to another account for the refund which supports failed to do which alerted the boss.

The boss must have contacted support and despite the evidence, the results of PayPal and the fact that IPs and accounts were logged over time, Unity support locked my account down and cancelled my Unity Plus account, they then demanded that if I wanted to have my account back I would have to repay everything including the money for work done back to the boss.

TL:DR, Basically, Unity support are controlling my account and assets because of an outside issue that they are becoming involved in, they can see on their system that I was bought assets by my boss over time instead of pay by the transaction data such as IPs and that if any form of fraud was being committed that it wouldn't have taken the boss over half a year to contact them.

Not only are they demanding that I pay back money for the assets to have my account unlocked but they also demand that work found and done outside of their system is paid back for, the same issue that PayPal twice concluded in my favor, Unity are dictating this.

The only possibility of getting justice is that I expose this issue in full, emails and support conversations to gaming forums, communities and media, if they can do it to me, they can do it to anyone and that level of dictatorship that they demand I perform something outside of their systems and control is rather inexcusable.

Thank you for listening to my issues.

Edit: These are emails I was asked by the boss to send him so that he may claim off the expenses, this included assets I have personally bought and also proves he knew about the purchases, I've shown all of this to the Unity support team only to be dismissed and I'm still told that they were fraudulently purchased.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

So your entire post is theoretical? As in you do not have evidence why? I strongly suggest you seek legal advice. Topics like this will not tolerated on these forums.

This is because it's a legal issue and forums are for development only. And before you start with "dictatorship" be advised I am NOT a Unity employee.

Ryiah and zombiegorilla like this.
  3. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

This is an issue that you will have to contact unity support about as this related accounts. The forums are community support. I’m closing this because nothing useful will result from this thread, but I will ping staff on it, they may be able to assist you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.