Search Unity

"Lockdown" Survival Horror game.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Somnium125, May 29, 2013.

1. Somnium125

Somnium125

Hey Guys,

My game is still in early development but we are working very hard to make it a unique style horror game. Here are a couple of concepts from the game and also the reveal trailer. Let me know what you think.

I know there are quite a lot of horror games out there but we have spent months coming up with different ideas and concepts for our storyline and survival mode.

Hope you like what you see so far.

$Lockdown Secret Lab .jpg
    $LockDown Hallway.jpg

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  2. Somnium125

Somnium125

3. Thegusse

Thegusse

That looks awesome! How much time have you spent on making this so far?

4. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

Looks good, I like the moodsetting. Can't wait to see more! :D

5. Somnium125

Somnium125

Thanks guys :) its good to hear to nice feedback from people. Really gives us the determination to drive on with the project. We have been working on this project since December. We currently have 4 large maps under build, a story mode, survival mode and multiplayer.

Its been long hours but we hope it will be worth it. Here's another few snaps from in-game

View attachment 55086

View attachment 55086

Attached Files:

• $28.jpg
      $28.jpg
      File size:
      992.6 KB
      Views:
  6. Brotherhood

Brotherhood

I'm loving the screenshots, keep up the good work!

7. suctioncup

suctioncup

Looks amazing!

How do you get that ground fog to work?

8. Somnium125

Somnium125

Thanks for the great feedback guys. Really do appreciate it. The fog effect was actually a post effect that was put in after the map was baked. We thought it would have been an easy thing to do but caused a lot of issues of us. We go it right in the end. Here is a few snaps of the fog in action.
    View attachment 55138 View attachment 55139

9. FBTH

FBTH

Nice

10. BattleStove

BattleStove

The trailer and the screenshots are great! This quickly grabbed my attention. I look forward in seeing how this progresses and I'm also curious about the game mechanics and how this will stand out.

11. Somnium125

Somnium125

Thanks for you feedback. We will continue to post updates so we can get people's opinions on our games progress. We are currently working on the next map in our game which is a outside map. Here is a concept for it. Hope you like. $Concept Design_ Wolfschanze.jpg

12. Kelde

Kelde

reminds me alot of Killing Floors Bio map, wish is awesome. Are u using zombies and such or does it have something else?

13. Somnium125

Somnium125

We will be using zombies but there will also be others but I don't want to spoilt that as of yet. Here are a couple of concepts of the types of zombies you will come across as you wonder the hallways of lockdown.

$Zombie Concepts.jpg

14. Ethaninja

Ethaninja

This all looks really great! Did you end up coming up with ideas that will make this a unique experience? Gameplay? Story? Will it be open world? Or sandbox? Really love the level design! Excellent use of ambient lighting!

15. CarlosMx

CarlosMx

Awesome

The level desing is great .. really give you some terror the fog

Great job !!!!!

16. fano_linux

fano_linux

Incredible. I would love to work on a project like this. Very good job man, love the scenario

17. ObsoleteAccount

ObsoleteAccount

The art looks really nice. Looking forward to more!

18. RedLine

RedLine

This looks epic, i really like designe of levels, good luck with the game :) !!!

19. Somnium125

Somnium125

Thanks everyones for all your great feedback. Nothing better then working on your first project and getting great feedback from everybody. Really do appreciate it. Its pushes us to make a game that everyone will enjoy to play. We will continue to post regular update for you here so you can keep track of our progress. We will be setting it up for beta testing in a few weeks time on our new website which will be open next week. You can track latest news on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SomniumDevelopement or twitter: somnium_ent. $SomniumBG.jpg $13.jpg View attachment 55726

20. GoodEnoughGames

GoodEnoughGames

Looks pretty darn badass!

21. Liggles

Liggles

Very nice looking game! i love the concept artwork and the trailer was amazing! :p

22. SuperSlonik

SuperSlonik

holy crap that looks terrifying... in a good way. Love the concepts, cant wait for gameplay! I'm really enjoying seeing all these high-quality games on this forum that's being posted recently...

23. Somnium125

Somnium125

Thanks again for the positive feedback everyone. Will be posting some fresh finished in-game snaps from a new map we have been building in the next couple of days. In the meantime here is some concepts of some of the styles of zombies you will be up against. $Zombie Concept .jpg

24. Frostbite23

Frostbite23

DUDE! Thats by far one of the best in-game realistic Screen Shot i've ever seen!
    well not one of the best but i LUV It

i will Look forward to playing it!

P.S adjust the fog a bit though its kind of sharp on some of the edges

25. Grimchii

Grimchii

This looks really incredibly remarkable!

Do you have a time era in mind?
    If I had to take a guess, id say around vietnam? Perhaps 1970-1985 specifically?

Singleplayer?
    Co-op?
    Multiplayer?

The quality of the artwork, and in-game interior snapshots are amazing. I like your fifth post, the artwork that shows the building. I'm going to auto assume the other posts may just be the inside interior of the exterior building shown in the 5th post artwork. Then again the title sort of hints towards it anyway.

What will we expect that's different from this horror zombie survival game, specific key differences on why we would desire to play "Lockdown." and get our blood/adrenaline pumping to play it!

You can't blame me for trying to snaggle out some extra information. Haha ^

Looks Great, Nevertheless!
    Keep up the good work! *Thread Noted*

26. Ethaninja

Ethaninja

Hey how did you do the damage models for the zombies? Like the decaying and ripped flesh? I've been trying to make damage models for my own game, where when you shoot somebody in the head, it'll actually chunk it.

27. shinkicker

shinkicker

This looks amazing. I so wish I had 25% of the art talents of you.

Do you have dedicated artists or are you a programmer doing your own art?

28. Somnium125

Somnium125

Once again i must thank all you guys for your great feedback on the games development so far. I will be posting some fresh updates from one of our new maps over the coming days so keep an eye out for them.

With regards to your questions. It is a single player game currently but we are working on integrating multiplayer a few weeks after release. I don't want to give away much in terms of game details but i assure you we have spent a long time perfecting the zombies A.I system and animations to give this type of game a new perspective on how zombies will react and move around the map.

We have made these zombies intelligent. So if your thinking to yourself " ill just sit here and pick off each zombie that walks around the corner that is not the case. We are trying to add a gothic horror feel to this. There wont be a constant flow of zombies. Some will be hiding. Some will be aggressive and hunt you.

I could talk forever on how we are putting this game together. So feel free to ask more questions. Yes I do have a team working along with myself on this project. I certainly believe it is quite an ambitious project for our first game but I assure you, with my passion for gaming and dedication I will do my utmost to give everyone a game they will like to play and enjoy.

If you really like our project and what we are trying to achieve, then maybe you could help us even more by contributing to our company development. Your contribution will help us finish the game quicker and provide us with the necessary funding to add extra features to the game.

For more details on our Company and what we are trying to achieve and more about myself. Contribute here: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/somnium-entertainment-a-gamer-s-dream

$Lockdown Game title .jpg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  29. Somnium125

Somnium125

Hello everyone,

Here is a look at some of our concepts design for Lockdown. Hope you like it. Subscribe to our new channel for regular video updates. We will be posting first gameplay footage very soon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SomniumEnt

[video=youtube;wGp6-cU9bn4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGp6-cU9bn4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGp6-cU9bn4

30. The_Code

The_Code

Hey, this is great! The Graphics and Animations are very pretty.

31. Somnium125

Somnium125

Here are some work in progress shots from our new map we are currently working on. There is still a lot if detailing to be done but its coming along really well. Let us know your thoughts.

Subscribe to our new youtube for regular video updates. We will be releasing game the first game footage very soon. http://www.youtube.com/user/SomniumEnt

$Unity 2013-06-19 03-11-44-95.jpg $Unity 2013-06-24 14-50-14-66.jpg $Unity 2013-06-24 14-48-21-98.jpg $Unity 2013-06-24 14-51-05-03.jpg

32. Somnium125

Somnium125

Hello Everyone.

We have been so busy working on the games development, we haven't had the time to post many fresh updates for the game. So here are a few shots from some of the maps we are working on at the moment. The screenshots posted above are old and we have done a lot of work to the maps since those were taken. We have made massive progress on the game in recent weeks. We are currently working on Pathfinding system for the maps and tying that into the A.I for the zombies.

The screenshots below show a new outside map we are currently building. It is still in very early stages but we are making good progress with it. As you can see the buildings are only cubed out and awaiting construction. Also there is still quite a lot of detail left to go into it with regards to trees,grass, particle effects and lighting.
    Again we would like to thank everyone for there positive feedback. Really does motivate us to continue building this game in the best way possible so everyone is happy with it.

We would like to point out we are running a crowdfunding campaign to help us with achieving our goal in completing this project and expanding our company for future development. Your help would be massive to the success of this game. Even just a small donation would make a huge difference in making our dream possible.

You can check out our campaign here: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/somnium-entertainment-a-gamer-s-dream

$Unity 2013-07-30 14-33-42-73.jpg $Unity 2013-07-30 14-32-26-96.jpg $Unity 2013-07-30 14-31-58-03.jpg

33. Somnium125

Somnium125

Here are another couple of shots from our first map which is undergoing its final tweaking and clean up. We will have much better shots for you once that has been completed.

Hope you like what your seeing.

Attached Files:

34. Somnium125

Somnium125

Here is some new updated screenshots from our bunker map. We still have some tweaks to do to the map but here is our progress so far. Hope you like everyone.

$Screen Shot 2013-08-05 at 14.44.11.png $Screen Shot 2013-08-05 at 14.43.20.png $Screen Shot 2013-08-05 at 14.43.09.png $Screen Shot 2013-08-05 at 14.41.47.png $Screen Shot 2013-08-05 at 14.41.31.png

35. MagicGeek123

MagicGeek123

noticed in one of the screen shots the zombie seemed t o have a nazi armband i dont know if you should include that since nazi-zombies arent very original unless it is part of the storyline either way terrific looking game

36. junglejapes

junglejapes

looks good. Half-Lifey. Change that default skybox though!