Search Unity

Question Location based environments - How to classify individual parts of a scanned environment?

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by p2or_, Dec 1, 2020.

1. p2or_

p2or_

Hi guys,

student here! I consider using Mars for a simple application I have in mind, based on a real world location. Target device is the latest Ipad Pro. I already have done a photogrammetry scan of the actual environment (some buildings and enclosing streets) and I'm also just finished modeling of the ar content so I think I'm ready to go for an initial implementation using unity.

To get started with Mars, I've watched all available webinars (many thanks for sharing btw) and as you might guess, the "location based experience" demo scene which Jono is presenting at 0:27 in Bend the Rules caught my eye.

Is there any further documentation about: How to process the individual parts of the geometry to classify/tag them in order to attach the proxies to the tagged geo as accurately as possible?

I don't get the principle, does Mars really take the shape into account or do I would have to separate the geometry in order to classify certain shapes? Does this demo scene ideally comes with Mars for reference? Side question: is there a recommended polycount for such large scale environments?

Cheers,
    Christian

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020