Search Unity

Bug LocalToWorldTransform in ECS 1.0 with physics

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by pbosteels_unity, Nov 13, 2022.

1. pbosteels_unity

pbosteels_unity

The new ECS 1.0 (1.0.0-exp.12) system doesn't seem to be fully compatible with the Unity Physics package (1.0.0-exp.12) in the sense that LocalToWorldTransform cannot be resolved as soon as you try to add the com.unity.physics to your project. Is there something I am missing or is it simply a bug ?

2. JMPM-UNITY

JMPM-UNITY

Unity Technologies

Hey @pbosteels_unity, I can look into this issue, but as far as I know, the main focus is on the next release. As a workaround, I would suggest not updating your projects to this version and waiting until there is a fix. I will get back to you. Thanks for reporting.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    toomasio, MustEat and TheOtherMonarch like this.
  3. MustEat

MustEat

Seconding this. Would love a rough timeline for compatibility so we can plan around it.

toomasio likes this.
  4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

This is preventing from using stuff from unite, please fix ASAP

toomasio likes this.
  5. JMPM-UNITY

JMPM-UNITY

Unity Technologies

Hey devs, I shared this issue with the team regarding how directly impacts you. The official plan is that the physics 1.0-exp package will not be converted to transforms_V2. The backport implemented, debugged, and released sooner than the pre-release is highly improbable. Instead, this work has been done as part of the 1.0 pre-release.
    Please stay tuned to the forum news.

6. MustEat

MustEat

Appreciate the update. I looked and didn't see any projections but sounds like pre-release will be out in 2022?

JMPM-UNITY likes this.
  7. miraycalskn

miraycalskn

Soo we have to wait until fix releases? Does anyone knows a quick trick for this?

RambertoEco likes this.
  8. RambertoEco

RambertoEco

Is there at least a roughly estimated time when we can expect the pre-release?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  9. JMPM-UNITY

JMPM-UNITY

Unity Technologies

There will soon be an official announcement regarding the pre-release dots packages. However, if you use the editor 2022.2 and search for the dots packages could get early access.

RambertoEco likes this.
  10. MustEat

MustEat

@JosepMariaPujol - thanks, got em. I upgraded all our code but getting memory leaks and can't find a stacktrace to save my life. I enabled the TempMemoryLeakValidation and JobTempMemoryLeakValidation flags but still can't get a clean trace to the leaks. Am I missing something? Stacktrace was so easy prior to this update.