Search Unity

Feedback Localization Support Tool - Looking for Feedback

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Tekko, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Tekko

Tekko

Hey there, Tekk here,

For my last project I started to write a tool that can manage tags for me and generate an enum from it, so that I can add text values to the tag for different languages.

I would be happy to get feedback or comments, maybe even new ideas for the tool.
    Can you think of any use cases where you would have needed this tool?

Here following is a little explanation about the tool.

By generating an enum from tags (LanguageTags), I can then access the tags in the code and ensure that the content of a string always matches the currently set language.
    For this purpose, I have also written my own class (LocalizedString) that can be used like a string and can always return the appropriate localized value.

As you can see here in my example:

InCodeUsage.png

I wanted to be able to manage the tags in an editor window and also set the values for different languages there. The existing tags are displayed according to the selected category.

Tags and Content.png

To avoid having to enter everything in the editor when you have significantly more content, you can use the CSV options to generate a .csv file for all tags created or import one so that tags can be defined and content assigned to the languages.

CSV.png