Search Unity

Bug Localization returns "No translation found" in build when updating string tables

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by Stanley_DBI, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Stanley_DBI

Stanley_DBI

When I update already existing localization entry, the new build returns "No translation found". I've tried rebuilding the addressables, use analyzer (which returns no issue found on all fixable rules) but still not working. The only way to fix it is to revert the changes but that means the client won't have the new updated string.

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Rebuilding the addressables should be all you need to do.can you try doing a clean and then rebuild? In Is it in the editor it doesn't work or also player?

3. Stanley_DBI

Stanley_DBI

It doesn't work only on the player. The editor works fine. Cleaning and rebuilding the addresabbles doesn't help.

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Does it work in the editor if you switch the Addressables play mode to use the existing build?
    upload_2022-12-14_10-55-38.png

5. Stanley_DBI

Stanley_DBI

It works in the editor even when setting it to use existing build.

6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

It sounds like the updated addressables are not being copied into the build.
    What platform are you building for?

7. Stanley_DBI

Stanley_DBI

I'm building for Windows which got the error. Testing on Android works fine

EDIT: Don't know why but changing the asset groups bundle mode to "Pack Separately" fixed the issue

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  8. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

That's very strange. Was it a completely new build or were you appending it to an existing build?
    Is the building inside of a very long file path? This can cause issues with Addressables loading on windows.
    Also check if the builds StremingAssets folder contains the copied addressables. Did you get any errors in the logfile?

9. Stanley_DBI

Stanley_DBI

I was appending into an existing build. My suspect that the addressables in StreamingAssets folder didn't get replaced with the new one. Redownloading the client or deleting aa folder inside StreamingAssets also fixed the issue

10. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies