Search Unity

Localization Framework

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by RazorCut, Jul 5, 2010.

1. RazorCut

RazorCut

I've never formally contributed anything to the Unity community yet, so I figured I really better get on this. So one of the first things I whipped up when I first started using Unity last year when creating Karnival for iPhone was a framework to help with language localization. It consists of a Java program that reads in a OpenOffice database file and spits out some binary files (one for each language) which are then read into Unity, and the desired language file is loaded. Compared to a lot of the other really cool things that you guys have given out, this pales in comparison, but I still think it'll be quite handy for everybody.

I've got it available for download at http://www.bitwisedesign.com/unity/localization

It's under the "Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License" so I think that should suit you all just fine. I'll be expanding on this simple tool more, now that I've started to formalize it.

Let me know what you think and if it's useful to you.

2. CrystalVisions

CrystalVisions

It downloaded as a zip file - when unzipped it created a bunch of folders, but no package.

3. coin-god

coin-god

So, with this we can make a multilanguage game?