Search Unity

Localization Editor: 15 languages in 15 minutes [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Celestipoo, May 25, 2015.

1. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

Any reason to not use a spreadsheet? That keeps everything perfectly neat and easily editable.

2. sfjohansson

sfjohansson

Nope, I'll definitely use a spreadsheet in the end... :)

3. Grzauka

Grzauka

Hello,
    We have bought your tool and we are using it in our project, which has quite a lot of text (~30 000 words, 5000 lines)

We are going to make 6 language versions and we face a problem - how to allow the translators to test and instantly correct the language version, with no source code nor repository access.

So we would like to have an option to edit and import the language files in game build. Do you know some easy way to have this option in your asset? Even an easy transfer of the files to the StreamingAssets would be a large help.

4. Celestipoo

Celestipoo

Hi Grzauka, unfortunately not. Sorry for the inconvenience.

5. Grzauka

Grzauka

Hi and thanks for a reply.
    We actually figured out a way to move the files to StreamingAssets, so people can modify the files in their builds.
    We also learned how to to use the sync tool with those files to sync with google doc later : )

6. Celestipoo

Celestipoo

Well that's awesome :)

7. nickfourtimes

nickfourtimes

Hi, bit late to the party but so far so good with LE. One issue though... we're displaying some Arabic text in our game, and we have an Arabic font set to a dynamic alphabet in the inspector. However, I'm noticing that some letters are falling back to the Windows defaults -- see the attached image (the localised version of our "Language" setting), where the first letter on the right is in the fallback font (it's not rounded like the rest, and it's higher than the baseline of the other letters).

Is this due to us using a dynamic font, and pulling in our RTL text at runtime? There's a native Arabic speaker at work, and he pointed out that it looks like the A, R, & T characters (among others) are missing, which should be fairly common/supported.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Attached Files:

8. nickfourtimes

nickfourtimes

Oh, interesting... if I paste the "unshaped" (i.e., backwards) text into the TextMesh string field, the font renders correctly. It's only when I copy in the "shaped" string (what shows up in LE's Visual Presentation) that the character falls back to the system default. Still working on a solution...

9. stevebu56

stevebu56

I'm a little fuzzy on the specific details but I believe you hit on the problem. The TextMesh string field is looking for the unshaped string which would consist of each individual UTF8 character. Then it would take all those unshaped characters and determine if it needs shaping & when that happens it spits out a string of UTF8 characters that are different. They are the shaped characters for that particular string. Adding another character to that shaped string won't reshape it in most edit boxes afaik. You would have to have the original unshaped letters, add another character and then it would shape correctly.

So I'm guessing there is a mix of the shaped text and then another added UTF8 character. But together [shaped text]+[char] != correct shaped text. [original chars] + [char] == correct shaped text. Does that make sense?

It's also worth noting that by the time you're viewing it on a platform the font needs to support the Unicode character set with the shaped characters.

10. Sehee26

Sehee26

Hi, i purchased it. And when i import to my project i have this error:

UnityException: .ctor is not allowed to be called from a ScriptableObject constructor (or instance field initializer), call it in OnEnable instead. Called from ScriptableObject 'LEStringTableEditorWindow'.
    See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.

What can i do?

Thanks.

11. Celestipoo

Celestipoo

Hi, sorry about that. Backup your project, then apply this patch. Let me know if you have any other issues.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  12. Sehee26

Sehee26

Now its works, thanks!

13. Celestipoo

Celestipoo

Everyone please note:

I am located in South Florida and am dealing with preparations for Hurricane Irma. I may not respond as promptly as I normally do. I may find myself without power and internet access, so if I don't respond please be patient. I will respond when I can. Thank you for understanding.

14. starmindfr

starmindfr

Hello i have lots of errors codes using it with Windows platform instead Android platform , this is not supported ? if not, an easy way to skip it without removing ? thanks

15. Celestipoo

Celestipoo

What errors? What version of unity?

16. starmindfr

starmindfr

Sorry for the late answer so its unity 2018.1.b but same for any release

it will works fine on android but on UWP / windows platform i have issue only when i change the settings for build :

Scripting Runtime : legacy .NET 3.5 >> OK
    Scripting Runtime : .Net Stable 4.x >> Errors

plugin editor crash but when playing app its still working (so no way to edit or add text)

Code (CSharp):
    1. System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: The keys for this dictionary are missing.
    2.   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].OnDeserialization (System.Object sender) [0x000ae] in <e1a80661d61443feb3dbdaac88eeb776>:0
    3.   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.RaiseDeserializationEvent () [0x00021] in <e1a80661d61443feb3dbdaac88eeb776>:0
    4.   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize (System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler handler, System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser serParser, System.Boolean fCheck, System.Boolean isCrossAppDomain, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) [0x0010d] in <e1a80661d61443feb3dbdaac88eeb776>:0
    5.   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize (System.IO.Stream serializationStream, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler handler, System.Boolean fCheck, System.Boolean isCrossAppDomain, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) [0x000a2] in <e1a80661d61443feb3dbdaac88eeb776>:0
    6.   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize (System.IO.Stream serializationStream, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler handler, System.Boolean fCheck, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) [0x00000] in <e1a80661d61443feb3dbdaac88eeb776>:0
    7.   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize (System.IO.Stream serializationStream, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler handler, System.Boolean fCheck) [0x00000] in <e1a80661d61443feb3dbdaac88eeb776>:0
    8.   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize (System.IO.Stream serializationStream, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler handler) [0x00000] in <e1a80661d61443feb3dbdaac88eeb776>:0
    9.   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize (System.IO.Stream serializationStream) [0x00000] in <e1a80661d61443feb3dbdaac88eeb776>:0
    10.   at LocalizationEditor.LESettings.Load () [0x00050] in xxx\Unity\Unity Suhack\Assets\LocalizationEditor\Editor\LESettings.cs:167
    11.   at LocalizationEditor.LESettings.get_Instance () [0x0000b] in xxx\Unity\Unity Suhack\Assets\LocalizationEditor\Editor\LESettings.cs:94
    12.   at LocalizationEditor.LEStringTableEditor..cctor () [0x00025] in xxx\Unity\Unity Suhack\Assets\LocalizationEditor\Editor\LEStringTableEditor.cs:54

17. starmindfr

starmindfr

By the way could you also support Text Mesh pro ?

18. starmindfr

starmindfr

hello i upgraded to unity 2019 and most of scripts need not .net 4.x
    But obviously this Asset works only with 3.5, any script fix or tip ? thanks

19. Celestipoo

Celestipoo

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. This asset has been deprecated.

20. starmindfr

starmindfr

hello ok thanks for the reply. Any new asset for this then ? or anywone have a fix ? i tried to update the code but it's a little hard for my level of code.

Is the paid version working with dot net 4.x ?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019