Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Localhost Tunneling with VideoPlayer and WebBrowserInput Samples

Discussion in 'Unity Render Streaming' started by liquify, Dec 28, 2021.

1. liquify

liquify

I use a desktop PC to broadcast the VideoPlayer and WebBrowserInput samples, to an Android phone. If both device use the same network, I can see the interactive video running on the phone's web browser, after clicking the play button on the VideoPlayer Sample page.

But if the devices use different network, through a localhost tunneling service such as Pagekite and Loophole, I can only see a black screen on the VideoPlayer Sample page, after clicking the play button.

Can we use a localhost tunneling service to run the VideoPlayer and WebBrowserInput samples?

2. liquify

liquify

Update: I tried port forwarding method to expose the localhost, yet I still see the same black screen on the VideoPlayer Sample page, after clicking the play button, on the web browsers of iOS and Android phones.

3. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies

Hi, could you give me more info for your issue?
    Can you try to use STAN/TURN server?

4. liquify

liquify

Hi, I'm currently trying to follow the "Web Application" tutorials of Unity Render Streaming 3.1.0-exp.2, with a desktop PC. If it doesn't work, I'll try to set it up on an AWS EC2 instance.

I just got confused with the server operating systems mentioned in the tutorials though. Under "Configure Self-Signed Credentials for https" section, the tutorial steps describe how to set it up for a Windows server. Whereas under "Setting for TURN Server" section, the steps are for a Ubuntu server.

Should I use a Windows Server 2012 R2 or a Ubuntu server, to configure self-signed credentials for https and to use a TURN server?