Search Unity

Local WACK submission giving me an Default Splash Screen error ?

Discussion in 'VR' started by Relaycars, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Relaycars

Relaycars

Hello Devs I am performing a local submission to the WACK system of VS 2017 in preparation for a store release soon and am failing due to a single error in the build . I was curious to know if Anyone else had encountered or found a Solution for the error ?

The full error Reads :

Branding

• Error Found: The branding validation test encountered the following errors:
      • Image file SplashScreen.scale-200.png is a default image.
    • Impact if not fixed: Windows Store apps are expected to be complete and fully functional. Apps using the default images e.g. from templates or SDK samples present a poor user experience and cannot be easily identified in the store catalog.
    • How to fix: Replace default images with something more distinct and representative of your app.

I Started by replacing all of the Store Logo Icons at the various ( square) size ranges and then republished again getting the error. I then read that perhaps the issue has to do with a default logo Tag in the projects package.appxmanifest file and again no luck . Has anyone else encountered and addressed this issue in their build ? I will attach a screenshot of the error in my Validation report as well . Screenshot (9).png Screenshot (9).png

2. Relaycars

Relaycars

Ahh I found the solution , I had to copy over the Default images in the Visual studio project assets folder with my icons resized and renamed to the exact same dimensions then recreate the Master package . That allowed me to pass!

3. DemonGamesLab

DemonGamesLab

Hey, same issue here. Been stuck with it for days. I tried your solution but it just created more errors. Did you delete the original default images or just add and rename your logo's to the exact same?

4. soleron

soleron

This is because of a stupid Automated process mismatch. Do that with the manifest file in VS.

You need to add these manually in the manifest file, AND make sure that the original images you are using are the correct size, because if not, they will be resized to the other sizes but the default/main one will be discarded due to wrong size and nothing will notify you, as a result you will keep trying to find what went wrong. SO make sure your main image sizes are correct.

5. DemonGamesLab

DemonGamesLab

Got it working :) What i was doing wrong is i was trying to do all this just in normal visual studio. Your supposed to do it after your have built the project then click the visual studio in that build.

For anyone with future issues:
    * Make sure you attach the required images in the player settings, the default images must be changed to your own.

* When you build make sure when you want to release you open up the visual studio part of the build to then build your microsoft appx file or other file.

Good luck everyone and happy devving

6. timke

timke

Please refer to this post regarding this issue: https://forum.unity.com/threads/win...llow-unity-default-image.754541/#post-5024714

TL;DR You're not intended to use the default Unity icons/splashcreen in your app but instead create your own images that uniquely identify and advertise your game.

Here's a link to setting Visual Assets in VS:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/design/style/app-icons-and-logos

And another link specifically for the Splashscreen requirement:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/launch-resume/add-a-splash-screen

7. timke

timke

I've had some discussions on this, and we'll look into trying to message this requirement before you get to WACK...somehow.

The trick is: warnings are too easy to ignore or overlook but we don't want to block development by adding an error (either in the Editor or Visual Studio). We'll see about adding something though; we'll at least improve the docs.

JasonCostanza likes this.