Search Unity

Bug local Volumetric fog Shader graph compile bug

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by AydinDeveloper, Mar 26, 2023.

1. AydinDeveloper

AydinDeveloper

I'm creating a new HDRP project 2022.2.12
    I install local fog sample from package manager and I get the following error. Final, Beta, Alpha...
    I've never seen this work properly in any version.

Shader error in 'HDRPSamples/Fumes': Unexpected directive '
    ' at line 47

Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: FogVolumeVoxelize, Vertex program with <no keywords>
    Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
    Disabled keywords: INSTANCING_ON SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING _ADD_PRECOMPUTED_VELOCITY _DOUBLESIDED_ON _SURFACE_TYPE_TRANSPARENT _TRANSPARENT_WRITES_MOTION_VEC

upload_2023-3-26_17-3-34.png

THE2FUN likes this.
  2. THE2FUN

THE2FUN

This is really bad Unity samples came with errors. We can't use !!

AydinDeveloper likes this.
  3. AydinDeveloper

AydinDeveloper

ali_mohebali likes this.
  4. Matjio

Matjio

Unity Technologies

Hi @AydinDeveloper ,
    Never heard of that before. Just checked and it works on my side.
    Which machine/OS are you running this on?
    Will loop with our QA as well.

upload_2023-3-31_15-17-46.png

AydinDeveloper likes this.
  5. AydinDeveloper

AydinDeveloper

RTX3090, intel 10850k , 16Gb RAM, Windows 11

I have the same problem with my friend and my company computer. When I get such errors in unity, the reason is usually windows Turkish language pack. or that I have set up the computer in Turkish.
    I was getting android IL2CPP build errors before and that was the reason.
    I will try to format the computer and install it in English. I'll post the result in a few hours.
    But it's really interesting. I think this feature is not compiled for me since 2022.2.4.

Matjio likes this.
  6. AydinDeveloper

AydinDeveloper

nothing changed.
    2022.2.13f new HDRP project. shader does not compile...

upload_2023-4-1_15-52-43.png

Matjio likes this.
  7. AydinDeveloper

AydinDeveloper

I found the problem!
    SHADER_APİ_DESKTOP UNİTY_ENABLE_DETAİL_NORMALMAP
    SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP

It just writes "I" instead of "I" in Local volumetric fog and post process shader graph shaders and cannot compile.

I reformatted the computer and set everything to English, including the region. I haven't added a Turkish keyboard yet. Now all my build and shader compile errors are fixed.

antoinel_unity likes this.