Search Unity

Local package outside of project folder

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by _karl, Jul 12, 2018.

1. _karl

_karl

Hi.
    Upfront, I am using the (currently) newest Unity 2018.2.0f2 with Package Manager 1.9.11.
    I have created a local package inside the Packages Folder and referenced it in the manifest.json and everything works fine.
    But when I move the Package outside of the Project folder(and change the path in the manifest) something strange happens.
    Unity does recognize the package and the code compiles normally. But when I want to open the C# Project via the Assets menu, it gives me an error and does not open the Visual Studio:

NotSupportedException: Visual Studio Tools: Project file has no matching compilation unit for <AssemblyName xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">Packagename</AssemblyName>
    SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.ProjectFilePostprocessor.OnGeneratedCSProject (System.String path, System.String content)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal.CallOnGeneratedCSProject (System.String path, System.String content) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssetPostprocessor.cs:178)
    UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.SolutionSynchronizer.SyncProjectFileIfNotChanged (System.String path, System.String newContents) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:320)
    UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.SolutionSynchronizer.SyncProject (MonoIsland island, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 allAssetsProjectParts, UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.ResponseFileData responseFileData, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 allProjectIslands) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:313)
    UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.SolutionSynchronizer.GenerateAndWriteSolutionAndProjects (ScriptEditor scriptEditor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:245)
    UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.SolutionSynchronizer.Sync () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:217)
    UnityEditor.SyncVS.SyncSolution () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SyncProject.cs:190)
    UnityEditor.SyncVS.SyncAndOpenSolution () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SyncProject.cs:181)​

I had this working already in a previous Unity Version I think. I do not remember if it was 2018.1 or 2018.2.beta.

2. LaneFox

LaneFox

Use the VS 2017 installer to update your VS installation to the latest version.

trogalsky likes this.
  3. ShawnFeatherly

ShawnFeatherly

wmg901024, pcg and jhangstoerfer like this.
  4. M_R

M_R

Hi, I have the same problem on osx.

VS for mac version: 7.5.4 (Build 3)
    vs4m tools for unity version: 1.5.0.1
    Unity 2018.2.0f2

edit:
    solved by switching VS to the beta channel and updating to
    VS 7.6 Preview (7.6 build 2086)
    tools 1.6.0.2

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  5. Toylips