Search Unity

local notifications, cancelling a specific notificaton

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by hakankaraduman, Feb 18, 2017.

1. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

Hi,

I use UnityEngine.IOS.NotificationServices class and I need to find a specific notification and cancel it, scripting api/manual page for CancelNotification is empty and I also can't find any best practices guide to use these class in my game.

Can anyone with experience help me? Thanks

2. liortal

liortal

You should use the NotificationServices.localNotifications property.

This gives you back an array of local notifications.

Find the relevant notification (represented by the LocalNotification class) and pass that to the CancelLocalNotification method.

3. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

thanks for the reply,

but how do I specifically schedule and cancel a notification? Let's say I want to schedule two notifications, one for a weapon, one for an item. and then I need to find from this localNotifications array which one is for weapon, so that I can cancel it.

4. andymads

andymads

Either store the references yourself or iterate the scheduled notifications array and query each one for some information that tells you which is which, e.g. the message, or the fireDate, or the userInfo.

5. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

Hi,

I tried again and it does not register any info to the userInfo dictionary. Contains() method returns false and it also shows that the count property of the userinfo dictionary is zero. But it registers alertBody and alertAction fields.

Do you think this dictionary behavior could be a bug?

6. Lucasito

Lucasito