Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Local Natural Language Processing Library?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greglieb, Sep 13, 2018.

1. greglieb

greglieb

Hey folks,

I am working on a Grammar game and would like to leverage Part-Of-Speech tagging from a NLP library. I have found lots of online options for NLP libraries such as Google Cloud Natural Language, but I'm wondering if any Unity plugins exist to run a NLP library locally on a client device.

If no plugins exist, could I possibly take something like https://spacy.io/ which is written in Cython, compile it to a dll, then wrap that as a Unity plugin?

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Instead of trying to convert, which may be none trivial task, you should focus on building an interface, which will talk between Unity and python app, if that what you want.

3. greglieb

greglieb

I'm deploying this game as a mobile app on iOS and Android, so bundling the NLP library with the game is essential. Given the file size demands of the English language NLP data, I have decided I am better off running a 100% server-side NLP implementation.