Search Unity

Local hosted testing

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Allan-Smith, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Allan-Smith

Allan-Smith

Hey,

I've looked into the documentation and I couldn't find a way to have a "local server testing environment" for remote addressables anymore even though I was under the impression this was a thing before. I've seen the hosting window and got it running but... either Im not sure how to configure my remote address to go to this local host or something else is going on and I couldn't figure out from the documents themselves.

In my remote load path, I have this: http://[PrivateIpAddress]:[HostingServicePort]/[BuildTarget]
    In my remote build path however, Im not sure exactly what to put in there. I dont know where this private ip address and port is pointing to and maybe thats what Im doing wrong?

Would be useful to test, I assume that would also make it possible to test with stuff like clumsy to simulate terrible scenarios and see how resistent the code is?

Thanks for the attention,
    Best,
    Allan

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

two things
    1. we need to make this clear in the docs, but the remote build path just needs to be a folder outside of Assets. The hosting service pays attention to where things wound up during the build and sets that folder as the hosting root. "HostedData/[BuildTarget]" is our recomendation.
    2. if things still aren't working, check how many PrivateIpAddress variables you have in your hosting window. If you have multiple network adapters (say, wifi and LAN, or you're on windows and it puts in dummy ones), you'll end up with multiple PrivateIpAddress variables. Try each one out, as only one is the right one.

aren_amz and MNNoxMortem like this.