Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Local documentation bug.

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by Seto, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Seto

Seto

There's a block in local documentation. But the local documentation is with file:// instead of http://. Then it leads to a bug. It will trigger a pending request to it. And it costs time to return.

2. greg-harding

greg-harding

We hit this as well (currently Unity 5.4.1p2) with 20-30second stalls while browsing the docs until the request to gtm.js times out. The navigation and sometimes the page remains empty while this happens. We worked around it by finding and removing the entire iframe and noscript sections throughout the docs that make calls to googletagmanager.com (over a thousand of them).

Bug reported: #838203

3. Seto

Seto

4. greg-harding

greg-harding

It hasn't been looked at yet so not sure anything will show up on the issuetracker. Anyway, the bug's been filed so Unity will look at it sometime. If you want to file your own then do it, and perhaps note a reference to this forum thread and my case number as well so they can keep track of things.

Update: Still happening in Unity 5.4.2f2. I'm stripping thousands of references to googletagmanager out of the docs every release to make them load without ~20s navigation delay.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  5. Player7

Player7

5.6.0b3 documentation ...it's still not fixed.

6. Player7

Player7

5.6.0b4 documentation ...it's still not fixed.

7. greg-harding

greg-harding

I've also noticed that in the 5.5 docs the navigation pane often has its scrollbar disappear and has to have an item open and closed again to reappear and start scrolling again. I haven't fixed this one yet...

8. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Was talking this past week with one of our techie guys who was looking into this. Can't promise it's fixed, but has been worked on.

9. greg-harding

greg-harding

Thanks for the update, Graham. The googletagmanager stalls and disappearing scrollbars make browsing the docs a bit of a chore. I'm still stripping out the scripts causing problems (but haven't made a fix for the scrollbars yet).