Search Unity

Official Local Administrator Dashboard now available for the Unity Accelerator!

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by marie-unity, Mar 26, 2020.

1. marie-unity

marie-unity

Administrator

We are pleased to announce the release of the Local Administrator Dashboard for the Unity Accelerator!

This update provides a web interface that can be accessed from a local network to configure an accelerator, assess its health, and access logs and metrics.

image.png

The Local Administrator Dashboard is available with or without Unity Teams Advanced as part of the latest Unity Accelerator update.

Check out the Welcome Thread for more information on the Unity Accelerator.

Best Regards,

The Unity Accelerator Team

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  2. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Hi. Thanks for sharing update information. But official documents doesn't provides how to access local dash board. How to acccess it and does it need Unity Team Advanced license?

3. bradunity

bradunity

At the end of the installation, it will (by default) open your browser with the IP address and port the Accelerator has selected for listening (usually on 443 or 80). You can also look at the unity-accelerator.cfg values of
    LastUsedIP and LastUsedHTTPPort for how to access the dashboard, too.

It is available in all installations of this version or later, with or without the Unity Teams Advanced license.

4. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Thanks. It works.

Some bug report : When I access to local dashboard from remote PC, the link "unity" logo (upper-left on main dashboard view) doesn't work. It makes redirection to 127.0.0.1:myport/dashboard/ and connection error.

Also http://myip:myport/dashboard makes redirection to 127.0.0.1 too. Adding slash symbol to last ( http://myip:myport/dashboard/ ) works without error. It seems that "unity logo" link has address without last slash symbol.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  5. Aquablue

Aquablue

Great that you made a dashboard (thank you), but in order to access the Accelerator's dashboard configuration and logs areas, one hast to enter a username and password. Where do I find them?
    At the moment I can't login.

It look's like in the unity-accelerator.cfg I can set a password (after the automatic update of Accelerator during the last night I had this new entry "DashboardPassword": ""), but how/where do we set the username?

6. bradunity

bradunity

Thank you, @Kichang-Kim, for reporting those bugs. They're on our board and we'll get them fixed in a future release (watch for [COL-1496] and [COL=1497] in the release notes).

@Aquablue, if you use the installer, it will prompt you for the password. If you do not wish to use the installer, then you can use the built in tool to set your password, something like this, run from the same directory as your unity-configuration.cfg file is stored:

unity-accelerator tool adminpw mysupersecretpassword

7. Aquablue

Aquablue

@bradunity Thank you.

FYI: Only the latest installer will prompt for a password. See here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-accelerator-release-notes.806523/#post-5634469, -> [COL-1310] - Add option in Installer to create password for, and launch, the Local Admin Dashboard

This means that users which already have installed the Accelerator cache server prior to the "Release 03/26/2020 Unity-Accelerator-v1.0.272+gb7c26b9" version and for which the Accelerator is set to auto update, will never be asked for a password.

8. VrGamesDev

VrGamesDev

Where can I found my password?

I didn't set one

9. hiepu3d

hiepu3d

Unity Technologies

Hello @VrGamesDev , in your storage directory, you will see a file named `unity-accelerator-dashboard.json` and in this file is the credentials, including the username and the encrypted password, for your local dashboard.

To reset the credentials, you can use the Unity Accelerator executable with the `dashboard` command like so:
    `unity-accelerator dashboard password --persist [STORAGE_DIRECTORY] [USERNAME]`.
    This command will prompt you for the password to be saved for the given username and this information will be saved to the credentials file in the given storage directory.