Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics LoadLevel causes GI to be rendered twice as bright.

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by alexandre-fiset, Nov 6, 2015.

1. alexandre-fiset

alexandre-fiset

Hi there,

There's a weird issue. When we load a scene using LoadLevelAsync from a scene that contains a camera, the bouncing of light becomes approximately twice as bright. But that happens only in a build.

Loading straight:

Loading for second time:

I must admit that we're a bit out of solution here... We've sent a bug in the database and opened this thread. Now we're trying through the pro beta forum since it's the only place I usually get answers.

This happens in the latest stable build. Our project is about 12 gb in size, so opening it in 5.3 is a nogo for us at this point as we are reaching beta. The bug is a showstopper; we can't ship our game with it. If that accounts to anything, we were part of Unite Boston #madeinunity showcase. If this bug is fixed in 5.3, could you please fix it in the stable branch?

The game looks great and makes the engine shines. However, with a bug that destroys GI as soon as we restart our scene or load a new one, we will most likely miss our release schedule...

Can someone take a look at this, please? :(

Cheers,

Alex

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Perhaps you're merely loading a second light by mistake? just to rule it out? but the only in build thing seems to.

In any case I hope this noise will get it noticed :)

3. alexandre-fiset

alexandre-fiset

Unfortunately no. We noticed the bug with the game moving from the main menu (done in 3D) to the scene. Main Menu happens 10 meters around 0,0,0 and these shots are more than 300 meters away. At first we thought that it was our showcase TV, then after digging into the issue, we found out that this behavior is only appearing in builds and only as soon as a new scene with a camera is loaded. First load is fine. Loading from a 2D (canvas) scene is also fine.

4. alexandre-fiset

alexandre-fiset

5. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

I've pushed the bug up our processing queue, but we've had some issues that probably slowed down that process. So, we're still evaluating the bug/repro.

alexandre-fiset likes this.