Search Unity

【Loading Spinner Creator】- Jiggle your objects with two clicks!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by FimpossibleCreations, Jul 21, 2018.

1. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

Spinner Creator is component which creates unique loading spinner animations using trigonometric functions.
    Small changes in parameters can change look of animation a lot with still looking interesting and hypnotizing.

Check release video:

> Link To Asset Store <

2. MrIconic

MrIconic

So this asset is actually really neat. Just as an FYI I was thinking Unity had broke but I must've saved with the preview on. Eventually had to force close Unity. When I reopened Unity the preview was still enabled.

It took about 5 minutes for it to reimport and then the log file had over 118mb of this repeating line.

Code (CSharp):
    1. [C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/BaseClasses/GameObject.cpp line 1145]
    2. (Filename: Assets/FImpossible Games/Spinner Creator/FSpinner_Creator.cs Line: 40)
    4. SendMessage cannot be called during Awake, CheckConsistency, or OnValidate
    5. UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType()
    6. UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\GameObject.bindings.cs:221)
    7. UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent() (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\GameObject.bindings.cs:226)
    8. FIMSpace.FSpinner.FSpinner_Creator:OnValidate() (at Assets\FImpossible Games\Spinner Creator\FSpinner_Creator.cs:42)

3. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

Wow, can you give some more info when it happened? Also version of unity could be helpful too.
    As far as I tested I never had any freezes etc. and nothing indicated it :O

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  4. MrIconic

MrIconic

2018.2.20f1 and it seemed to save the project with the preview mode enabled. Therefore, when I tried to open the Unity project the preview was attempting to constantly run on startup. ... other than that I don't know anything additional. I don't use the preview in the editor anymore just to avoid it doing that again.

5. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

I can't reproduce it with Spinner Creator but I just had similar problem in other project when I was using similar methods to generate procedural objects without playmode, I've found adding if (EditorApplication.IsCompilling) solving problem.
    Spinner creator has been just updated to v1.1.1 with this condition in two places.
    I don't want you to risk you reimporting project again, but if you could can you check if it happens now?
    As I said I can't reproduce this crash with Spinner Creator. Thanks!

MrIconic likes this.
  6. MrIconic

MrIconic

Thanks. I appreciate that update.

7. christougher

christougher

Hi, just wondering, can the dots leave a trail like the in the main asset picture? Thx!

8. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

Trails on pictures are done to make image more attractive, single solid dots was looking just bad :D
    Anyway, Spinner Creator is animating position of rect transforms, so playing with something like Trail Renderer for UI could give similar effect (to draw it on UI use Camera Space Canvas maybe?)
    That's nice suggestion, I think I will try to make small update with trail renderers when have some more time.