Search Unity

Feedback Loading Screen Design: How?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by yosefstudios, Jul 6, 2021.

1. yosefstudios

yosefstudios

So, I've been working on the loading screen for my game. It's not the first time I've made one, but this project is a bit bigger than my latest ones, so I would like to make a more robust solution for a loading screen. I've seen some ways to do it:
    • The most common I've seen is, have your loading screen canvas, and a singleton/loading manager. You just call the instance every time you need the loading screen.
    • An additive loading scene. Somewhat similar to the common approach, but this time, the canvas is located on an isolated scene. When you need the loading screen, you just load the scene additively. This method is also usually done with a singleton.
    I imagine that a way to not use the singleton would be using C# Events, or the Game Events approach. Still, I'm kind of undecided on what approach should I use. I know, that heavily relies on my needs, but I would like to hear about your approaches, so I could have a better idea of what I could do.

So...what are your methods/workflows/approaches for a loading screen? How do you or your team do it?

Thanks in advance!