Search Unity

Loading Scene

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by AceEX7, Dec 20, 2018.

1. AceEX7

AceEX7

I've been implementing the addressables for quite a while now and I've noticed a bug while loading a scene in packed play mode, the scene is loaded partly, where the background of the scene is normally the part that is not loaded, if I had to guess it's related to the dimensions/size of those pngs.
    for example: there's a png that is 1005x594 that is not being loaded and so are other pngs that are bigger than that one, did anyone else encounter this issue?

Edit: there's a png which dimensions are 960x399 that does show, so i think it fails somewhere between 960x399 - 1005x594

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  2. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

Our scenes from Addressables are also missing in all lightmaps (0.5.2)

3. unity_bill

unity_bill

Thanks for the info, we'll look into it. Can you add some details such as platform and editor version?

4. AceEX7

AceEX7

I'm using unity 2018.3.b05 with addressables version 0.5.3, I've been testing it on the editor and on the pc standalone version so far

5. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

@unity_bill Windows 10 Home 64, Unity 2018.3.0f2 current plattform Windows Standalone 64.

6. AceEX7

AceEX7

7. unity_bill

unity_bill

We've looked into it some, but could really benefit from a sample project. Would you please open an actual Unity bug, attach a sample project to that, and post the bug number here?

that would really help us get to the bottom of it.
    -Bill

8. mocerezo

mocerezo

Same on my side, my scenes from Addressables (0.5.3) are also missing in all lightmaps, using Unity 2018.3.5f1 Android Platform, everything else works fine.

9. VordaRR

VordaRR

Hi, just trying the new system, also hit this bump…. It seems that the new scriptable build pipline or the adressable system doesnt grab / store LightningDataAsset object as dependency while building a scene asset bundle…

When i build the same scene(s) in the same way using the AssetBundleBrowser (old BuildPipeline?) and then load in those bundles everything works as expected.

The problem is easily reproduced….

Make any kind of lightning bake for 2 scenes. Make a script that simply loads the addressable level. When in editor (fast or virtual mode) - with the lightning settings window -> baked lightmaps open - when the scene switches you will see it load the proper LightningDataAsset and lightmaps.

If you switch to Packed editor mode, The lightmaps and lightning will fail to load - lightning settings will be corrupted (some reset, some proper) and LightningDataAsset will be (Missing).

10. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

@VordaRR we are experience the same and other problems: LightProbeGroups are missing, lightmaps imported monochromatic. Please report it via the bug reporter and provide a minimal project.

11. VordaRR

VordaRR

I managed to find a working workaround…. i think… for now its working for us….

So after much more investigation i think the problem is the statics in the scene doent get baked as they do normaly. In our case we had pretty much the whole scene level in a prefab and i noticed when loading in packed mode inside unity that all the static flags toggled off when the scene loaded through the built bundle and then i noticed that all mesh renderer werent using lightmaps…

So i simply unpacked everything in the scene - all the prefabs, baked it and built and everything was working. My artist then did changes to our prefab, and i simply repeated the process again - deleted unpacked prefab (emptied the scene) - dragged in new prefabs, unpacked everything, baked and built and it worked again…

So TLDR: i think the scene statics dont get backed through the new SBP and adressables the same way they do when u use old build pipeline

mocerezo likes this.
  12. mocerezo

mocerezo

Works for me, thank you!