Search Unity

Loading progress bar?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Rob4507, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Rob4507

Rob4507

Hey there,

I've had a pretty good scan of the forums and online docs and I can't seem to find a way of being able to track the progress of loading when using Application.LoadLevel.

Is there a way of being able to show a loading bar when swapping between levels?

Cheers,

-Rob.

2. StarManta

StarManta

I don't see how, since no frames are rendered while it's loading.

3. AaronC

AaronC

You could Psuedo do it by loading level one with some assets, changing the loading gui to look as though some stuff had loaded, load the next level (with dont destroyonload on your level one assets),update the gui, and then load a third or fourth level whilst keeping your previous assets in the scene...

A bit of a workaround but quite achievable.
    AC

4. StarManta

StarManta

As I understand it Targos: Unity loads the first level when the program starts; upon loading the second level, all of the following levels are loaded as well.

5. Rob4507

Rob4507

It would be great if we could have similar functionality to the LoadUnityWeb for the stand alone players instead of just the web player. Along with WWW, it gives us the correct functionality.

Maybe it is something that they have already covered in Unity2.

It is feasible that we will be trying to load in a lot of data and it is not good to have static screens during this time.

Cheers,

-Rob.

6. AaronC

AaronC

Thanks Starmanta, I wasnt to up with the play on that one. So you could still fake it by forcing a player to wait, but in essence it would be an uneccessary wait.

Sorry if that was misleading Rob
    AC