Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Loading .mp4 from external folder outside "Assets".

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by eden2000, Sep 13, 2018.

1. eden2000

eden2000

I'm making an application for MacOs and Windows, which is a simple video archive containing 180 videos (.mp4).
    The problem is that I'll have to distribute the app in an USB flash drive and my space is kinda limited. To solve that I've tried to have a folder in the same path as the app's .exe that both versions could access.
    I've successfully loaded my video files with Resources.Load() and got my VideoPlayer functions ready. But with that method there are no external files to access and both versions are very large duo to videos being "embedded". Later I was able to load my files from a url but now all my functions are useless. While loading from url I cannot access video informations such as ".time", ".frame" and ".clip.length", all very important to my video player for scrubing through the video and displaying current/total time.
    I've been searching and trying to find a solution for about a week now and fell like I've lost the battle.
    Can any one shed a light upon this problem? Thank you, guys.