Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Loading different animation clips

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Sake906, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Sake906

Sake906

Yes, I am sure you've heard this before, a million times, but I just can't even find where to do it after reading the docs; they are definitely not 1:1 to the interface in the unity editor.

My imported FBX model already comes with a default animation, and I simply wanted to add more animations from other files based on the same character. Is this possible? How do I append the new clips to the asset? I managed to create empty new animation clips, but nowhere in their settings it allows me to "set" a source file. This is driving me insane...

I need to use the generic animation system, or legacy, as I pretty much need non humanoids down the line. Back when I used another engine (outdated) I was used to the "load neutral T pose mesh, add animation sequence files to it" workflow, and I was hoping I could create a prefab with all the animation clips contained within.

I notice that I can create new animation clips within the asset by pressing the "+" button on the clips table, under the animation tab, but the newer ones are all based on the previously loaded animation and simply lets me change the playback ranges (why this? why not simply let me use a source file as well?)

2. Sake906

Sake906

PS

I should mention that the naming convention trick "model@anim.fbx" is not really doing anything.