Search Unity

Loading assets from assetbundles makes assets appear pink in editor.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MarimoAli, May 18, 2015.

1. andersemil

andersemil

Well that's my whole point, read the text ;) There's a nice GUID for every asset in a project, the editor should see which shader it needs and simply use the OS X/Windows/Linux version which it already has in place of the one it fails to load.

It's unacceptable IMO not to be able to test assetbundle downloads in the editor, when all other aspects are testable. It's a very quick and convenient way to test that your mobile app works before building and deploying.

Prodigga likes this.
  2. grrava

grrava

I don't see how testing mobile asset bundles in an editor environment would render any meaningful results. You still need to test whether it works on a device (or at least a simulated device) so why bother testing it twice?

3. hantengx

hantengx

Thank you very much!

webspawn and Prodigga like this.
  4. joshuajoeyanglin

joshuajoeyanglin

I'm playing getting over it on windows 7 and the screen and text have turned into pink boxes. any suggestions how to fix it.

5. Don-Tako

Don-Tako

Use same build platform for create and load assets. If you create Asset Bundles for Android, and then you load them from a Standalone Editor, you should have issues like that.

6. sandolkakos

sandolkakos

Thank you very much. That's exactly the problem we were facing and now it is fixed.

Eraytuncer and Prodigga like this.