Search Unity

Question Loading Addressables from private server

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Lalitsharma81, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Lalitsharma81

Lalitsharma81

Hey All,

I recently started integrating addressable into my project.

My idea is to shift heavy resources to a cloud server(AWS S3 Bucket) which are mostly videos (.mp4) audio (.mp3) and Large Size models (.fbx and .obj) and load them later on .. when the app is running for the first time as that would reduce my deployment size greatly.

For the next running iterations, the app can check into its cache for missing assets and can download it,till now everything is working fine.

But the problem is my assets are hosted on public storage and I want to convert that storage into private.

Whenever I try to load from a private server URL it fails to fetch the addressable , i know it would require some sort of authentication to access that storage.

I have tried to search for similar issues in forums but haven't got any satisfactory answer to my problem

So it's my request, kindly help me to implement my use-case or provide some idea/resources where I can look up.

2. RyanTexture

RyanTexture

hi, im interested in this topic as well. possible to bump this?

T_Isa likes this.
  3. T_Isa

T_Isa

Hi, I'm also interested in retrieving addressables from a protected private server.
    We have a system that works with assetbundles but we'd like to use addressables.
    Did you get more information ?