Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Loading additive scenes async sometimes not working

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by Peter77, May 24, 2020.

1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Today I played around with 2020.1 for a while.

As I mentioned in the 2020.2 forum already, good work on the performance improvements (link)! It's one step of many in the right direction.

While playing a further developed version of the project from Case 1108597 in the 2020.1 editor, I noticed that sometimes additive scenes don't load.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var asyncOp = SceneManager.LoadSceneAsync(sceneName, LoadSceneMode.Additive);
    2. while(!asyncOp.isDone)
    3.     yield return null;
    When I tried to debug the problem and attached Visual Studio, the issue just magically vanished and Unity loaded those scenes, so I can't say if it's really related to LoadSceneAsync.

But I can say that those scenes, such as the HUD, never made it to the Hierarchy Window and thus the HUD was never visible in the game. I was able to run around in the level, without loaded HUD and after attaching the Debugger, those scenes were magically added/loaded. There was also no error message.

I know this report is rather useless for you, but I wanted to mention it.

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Thanks Peter. Let's see if it appears again or if someone else encounters this as well. I couldn't find anything related in FogBugz.

Peter77 likes this.
  3. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

anycolourulike likes this.
  4. AVISSW

AVISSW

Hello everyone faced the same problem as Peter77, from time to time after loading the additive scene she's disappears
    P.S. I am using Addressables.LoadSceneAsync

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    anycolourulike likes this.