Search Unity

Load assets using Label? [Resolved]

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Opeth001, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Opeth001

Opeth001

Is it possible to load all addressable assets directly via label ?

EDIT:
    i found it.

Addressables.LoadAssetsAsync<GameObject>(MyLabelString, null).Completed += objects =>
    {
    foreach (var go in objects.Result)
    Debug.Log($"Addressable Loaded: {go.name}");
    };

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  2. TJHeuvel-net

TJHeuvel-net

Just found this as well, its really odd we need to pass a callback when we also get it as a result.

oxysofts likes this.
  3. nicmarxp

nicmarxp

Thanks, works great!
    @TJHeuvel-net isn't that because it's async? If you put Debug.Log(Time.time) inside the callback and after the callback, the inside will be called slightly after.

Objects is an IList<GameObject> or whatever type you put in the LoadAssetsAsync call.

4. emadkh

emadkh

I think this hasn't been mentioned anywhere in the documentation. the asset label name needs to have brackets. I meant the label name pattern should be as follow [labelName] otherwise it won't work.

pandolfini and creepteks like this.
  5. crawfis

crawfis

@e-khezri. You do not need brackets and none of the examples use them, nor do I.

6. castor76

castor76

This does not work with getting Sprites in Sprite Sheet.

So say :

Addressables.LoadAssetsAsync<IList<Sprite>>("Sprite", null);

Does not work.

7. Ardito92ITA

Ardito92ITA

8. calabi

calabi

Awesome, thanks a lot for this. Trying to figure this stuff out with just the docs is a nightmare

lclemens likes this.
  9. lclemens

lclemens

Yeah... it seems like some things work and some don't. For example this will fail:

Code (CSharp):
    1. yield return Addressables.LoadAssetsAsync<ParticleSystem>("pfx", pfx => { UnityEngine.Debug.Log("Loaded asset: " + pfx.name); });
    But this will succeed:

Code (CSharp):
    1. yield return Addressables.LoadAssetsAsync<AudioClip>("aud", clip => { UnityEngine.Debug.Log("Loaded asset: " + clip.name); });
    The only difference between the two is that working one uses type AudioClip and the failing one uses type ParticleSystem.

If it doesn't work, you'll get an error like this:

Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager+CompletedOperation`1[System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[UnityEngine.ParticleSystem]], result='', status='Failed': Exception of type 'UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InvalidKeyException' was thrown., Key=pfx, Type=UnityEngine.ParticleSystem

The only way I know of to get around it is to use a GameObject instead like:

Code (CSharp):
    1. yield return Addressables.LoadAssetsAsync<GameObject>("pfx", go => {
    2.             ParticleSystem pfx = go.GetComponent<ParticleSystem>();
    3.             UnityEngine.Debug.Log("Loaded asset: " + pfx.name);
    4. });
    It's slightly more code, but it gets the job done.

10. lclemens

lclemens

Does anyone know how to get the Addressable string from the game object instead of the game-object name?

For example in Opeth001's code go.name is not the addressable string... it is the game object's name.

Eat-Food likes this.
  11. Hyndavi_Nandhigama

Hyndavi_Nandhigama

I want to load all the Assets from Addressable using lable, I want to use it for WebGL build where Multi threading is not supported, can someone help me how to load assets using single thread.

12. ryancrime

ryancrime

Can I use the same method to load a scene instead of a GameObject?

13. justjack1521

justjack1521

Leaving for anyone here as I was trying to figure out the same thing, the second function
    LoadAndAssociateResultWithKey on this page helped me get it working

ProGameDevUser likes this.
  14. lclemens

lclemens

Does anyone know how to fetch the labels associated with a particular asset from IResourceLocation or an AsyncOperationHandle?

I'm loading a whole bunch of labels all at once via LoadResourceLocationsAsync() and it would be handy to fetch a list of labels for each one so I could organize the resulting objects into various lists.

15. luistorres_emvenci

luistorres_emvenci

Hi! have you ever found a good way to use labels to properly load assets on WebGL. Recently I've run into a similar'ish problem here.