Search Unity

Live Capture Connections

Discussion in 'Film, TV, Animation & Cinematics Previews' started by GeniusKoala, May 18, 2021.

1. GeniusKoala

GeniusKoala

Hey!

I met a problem with the window Window > Live Capture > Connections.

I succeeded to use it several times with Virtual Camera. But after when I wanted to use the Face Capture when I wanted to open this window, I got the loading popup "Application.ExecuvteMenuItem" waiting for minutes and maybe hours, never reaching the end. I tried to restart the project from scratch but nothing. Then I changed the Unity version and it worked. I re-checked the firewall permissions and there were many rules "Unity 2021.1.7f1 - Live Capture"... I guess the checker in Connections window created them and that's why it told me many times to "Configure Firewall" and I clicked on this button everytime. So I deleted these rules and now the window opens.

I think the problem was the checker for the firewall permissions. It should ask only once to configure it. Otherwise it will created several rules that make this bug happen.

Now I can try the Face Capture! Virtual Camera is awesome by the way!

2. ScottSewellUnity

ScottSewellUnity

Unity Technologies

The expected behavior is that you should only need to press the "Configure Firewall" button once, then it should never show up again. When the Connections window is opened we use the netsh advfirewall command line tool to check if the rule already exists or not, but something must have gone wrong in your case. I'll look into this.

Thanks for the bug report.

GeniusKoala likes this.
unityunity