Search Unity

• Live Blender Lessons - Bullet •

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EternalForge, Apr 4, 2017.

?

Will you be there?

Poll closed Apr 6, 2017.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. EternalForge

EternalForge

If anyone is having trouble making 3D models for Unity Games then
    Tomorrow on my Youtube channel I will be hosting a Live lesson. In this
    lesson we will be modeling a Bullet, I would expect it to last 30-40 minutes.
    With enough participation, I will continue Live tutorials for Blender and Unity
    so this could be a really neat opportunity. Come support me by watching.

Live feed will include:

1) Low Poly Model
    2) High Poly Model
    3) Basic UV Map
    4) Normal Mapping to use High Poly map with Low Poly copy.
    5) Texturing (If time permits and enough people are interested)

youtube.com/c/TheSadPeon

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    BrandyStarbrite likes this.
  2. EternalForge

EternalForge

Bumping one time :)

3. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

First, I want to say, great idea and topic. You are covering good topic to learn, and keeping it narrow enough to be useful for learning, while still going over the important parts. And doing a live session, where presumably people can ask questions is a great idea.

That said, I wonder if using a bullet is the most appropriate choice for content? While games often use bullets, they typically aren't in shells or high poly/quality. Since this is targeting new developers, this may not something they would really need or get excited about. Maybe if you did something like a sword, or axe (a gun would be good, but probably too complex and time consuming for a beginner tutorial). Something that is still suitably simple, but that they could drop right into a game and use right away. Just a thought.

Great idea, and good luck!

Master-Frog and DragonSAR2013 like this.
  4. EternalForge

EternalForge

ZombieGorilla,

Thank you for the reply. I wanted to start with a Bullet because it's short to be honest. I model a lot, and can model this in under a minute myself. Mostly, I wanted something fast that would cover Normal baking so people can understand better the benefits to Normal and AO maps especially. Also, something that was only 1-2 parts. With that said, a Sword or Axe. I think you've given me a great idea for my next live video. I remember my old Battle Axe from Gothic 1. That would be fun to model. I'll see how this goes, and do the Battle Axe next if turnout demands another Live video.

Master-Frog likes this.
  5. Pengocat

Pengocat

Always the fascination of weapons :eek: Where is the love for hats :confused: We need more hats in our games not weapons :cool: .Great idea for a live tutorial where people can ask questions. If the turnout is not that many you could always interact with the people there and ask what they want you to make and what things to teach so they feel more engaged.

6. EternalForge

EternalForge

Pengocat, FF9 Vivi's hat? I can incorporate it into MakeHuman as well. That would be interesting. Not a lot on Youtube as far as Modeling for Makehuman goes.

Master-Frog likes this.
  7. Master-Frog

Master-Frog

Whatever you do, regardless of what anybody else is saying/doing, just keep doing it. A bullet is a good intro to 3D because it will showcase the meat and potatoes of extruding and scaling. A lot of modeling can be done with nothing but a cylinder or even a box if you can learn these methods.

8. Pengocat

Pengocat

Yea or something simple like a Top hat or a Bowler hat. Want to go more fancy you could do a Fedora or Gatsby. Perhaps it would be more fun to just make a new design ;)

Just do whatever you want. Weapons after all probably has a bigger audience than hats :D

9. neginfinity

neginfinity

One video I'd be very interested in myself would be modeling a head or modeling it using pure box modeling - while having proper topology since the beginning. There seems to be at least two different approaches to making facial loops around nose area, and I've yet to see fluid approach for making character's nose using only box-modeling methods.