Search Unity

Little help

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Mustafaat, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Mustafaat

Mustafaat

Hello, my name is Mustafa and I am new in this beautiful community and also in unity, I am also new at scripting/programming and design.
    The reason of my post here is because I want to create a multiplayer game as a clash of clans with some modification, I want to learn the basics and I want someone how can help me to make this project real. I want also some suggestions like who I need to do first, what I need to learn the first territorial who can help me because I show just 2, 3 playlists from Brackeys but my coding knowledge is poor in especially in multiplayer area , repeat I am really new at this and sometimes I mistakes even a basic thinks like conditions if, that is why I want to get an online course ... can you help me find what is the best course for what I want to do and to help me to make my project possible .
    Thanks a lot, you are the best!

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Welcome.

Since you are brand new to game dev, I will fire straight away, that you need at least year for basics of such project, assuming you can dedicate quite of time into it. In reality, it would take much longer, since it is not uncommon, that this time is s to shrink dramatically, when other day commitments take priority. So easily you can end up 2 years part time.
    If you are willing to take such commitment then:

Of how to start, you got tutorial section, with plenty examples.
    Learn

And if you use search, for keywords like tutorials, and how to start, you will have plenty to read about suggestions and advice.

All best.

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

To be blunt, you're not ready to build a clash of clans knock off. Get a year or two of experience with single player games and C# coding first, then consider coming back to this. At that point you'll be effective enough with Unity to have a chance at completing your dream game within a few years of work.

For example, a clash of clans game will not work with any of the high level networking API's that I'm aware of, so you'll need to build your own networking systems from scratch on top of a low level API. That is all coding, and will be very time consuming for even someone experienced. It isn't practical to understand what you need to do for someone who has poor coding knowledge/experience, and you're not going to find a ready made tutorial for what your game needs, you'll just need to plan and figure it out but you won't be able to do that if you're still figuring out the basics of coding.

Antypodish likes this.
  4. Mustafaat

Mustafaat

I understand this thing, seeing a lot of content and a lot of things who I need to learn I realize it's impossible to start with a big project like this, that's why i start a little project this time , actually, I work at this project from yesterday and works pretty good , so thank you for the tips and especially for benevolence to answer me at this questions .
    Regards
    Mustafa