Search Unity

Lithography Shader

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by PlayMagicLtd, Jun 11, 2014.

1. PlayMagicLtd

PlayMagicLtd

Hi,
    We are looking for a Shader Master that can create a custom Shader for us that makes possible to render scenes/geometries like this images:

Please contact us by email info (at ) twelvegames (dot) com two discuss.

2. RC-1290

RC-1290

From the way you phrased it, I think you might have been looking for the Commercial Job Forum.

But I like trying to figure this stuff out, so I'll make some suggestions.

The first thing it reminded me of was this paper: Real-Time Hatching by Emil Praun et al. Unfortunately so far I've only ever looked at the pretty pictures, so I can't tell you how they make it work. Not yet at least. I know of one project for Unity that mentions the article, so you could take a look at that.

It looks like you want the lines to follow the geometry in quite a specific way, that is different per object, so one thing you could consider would be using one channel of a texture to set the minimum light level at which a line appears. When rendering you then compare the texture value to the standard light value. In Unity you could use a custom lighting model for a surface shader, and simply make a comparison with the atten parameter. This approach might require a lot of manual texture work though.

You could also go for a procedural approach, where you use the texture coordinates to determine the location of potential lines for various brightness levels.