Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Lite Version

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by 99thmonkey, Dec 3, 2018.

1. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Any chance of posting (on Github) a lite weight version which does not include any of the scenes or models? Also having it in it's own folder (like _FPSSample) so that all the assets are consolidated.

I'm asking because it would be nice to have a "functionality only" version that is as up to date as the full version for download and use with my own game/experience. Plus having it in it's own main folder will help keep things tidy.

Thanks for listening!

2. KudoJimmy

KudoJimmy

Yes and it would reduce the size from 18 GB. I would love to download this but due to its size, there is no way I can do it.

BTW: anybody has a Standalone version? I want to play and test it..

3. HTMHell

HTMHell

+1
    It'll be great to have just the menu, and an option to create / join a server, to an empty scene (maybe just plane as a ground).

That way we could easily use the net code, and create our own game.

4. allenWTF

allenWTF

Totally agree! I would like to use only networking layer of FPS Sample project if this is possible ofc

5. antey3064

antey3064

Totally agree!

6. RGBKnights

RGBKnights

After a few days I was able to get a standalone build for Windows x64 you can download it from here. This was build using Unity 2018.3 beta 12 using the latest build of the FPS sample as of Dec 3rd.

7. L_Vi

L_Vi

Totally agree with this. My first move after downloading the project was to tear it apart and start studying it from the ground up.
    Example...
    Bootstrapper.scene -> Game.cs -> GameDebug, Console, ConfigVar -> LevelManager -> *GameLoop

My goal is to strip it down to functional bare bones and then start adding things back in from there.