Search Unity

Question ListView Horizontal Arrangements of Items

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by costeab, Jun 10, 2020.

1. costeab

costeab

Hi all,

I'm trying to use a ListView as a prefab selection tool. I would like to have the preview images horizontally aligned(row) instead of vertical(column). I have tried playing with the style of the list container object but unfortunately I was not able to achieve any results.
    Is there a simple way to this?

Thank you

2. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

ListView currently only supports vertical (column) layout. You'll have to use a simpler ScrollView instead and implement any virtualization you need in there.

3. costeab

costeab

Thank you Damian.

4. unity_8AB619225CA12290C803

unity_8AB619225CA12290C803

Hi there. Doesn't the 2021.3.4f1 version also support horizontal layout?

5. jGate99

jGate99

Is horizontal support still missing? :eek:

6. unity_483C4357D3269025FA3B

unity_483C4357D3269025FA3B

Incredible that it's still missing...

7. jGate99

jGate99

Hi @antoine-unity
    Really sorry to tag you like that, but if you could tell when we can expect horizontal layout for listview?

8. Timboc

Timboc

Another vote here. It's an incredible amount of work to recreate all the ListView functionality in horizontal layout - particularly with drag & drop, multi-select, animations etc.
    Made so so much harder due to the prodigious use of private & internal and the move away from UITK as a package. Almost all because there are about 5 places where verticality is baked in that would be trivial to generalise with access to source. We upgraded to 2022.1 in the hopes that MultiColumnListView would help but it has since become clear this is meant for something very different. Any tips on how to implement are appreciated.

9. Timboc

Timboc

And to save someone else the time… the great hack that I tried doesn’t work either. Should probably be reported as its own bug but: (not too surprisingly) rotating a ListView (and counter rotating the contents) can render ok but breaks expected reordering of elements - meaning drag and drop reordering always happens in y screen space no matter list orientation.

10. The-Wand3rer

The-Wand3rer

2023 calling for support to horizontal layout in ListView.

berber_hunter and spakment like this.
  11. achimmihca

achimmihca

Oh my gosh, I am shocked that horizontal ListView is still not a thing in UIToolkit!

is there any alternative implementation that we could use? Anyone here made a workaround?

Sadly, ScrollView is not an option for me because my list can contain thousands of entries, which would be too slow.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
    spakment likes this.
  12. achimmihca

achimmihca

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
    spakment likes this.
  13. antonieo

antonieo

Please! We need horizontal listview

MeTimeDev likes this.
  14. braty-xd

braty-xd

It blows my mind this thing is still missing, even weirder thing is they have vertical but not horizontal, like it shouldn't be that hard to also implement horizontal when you have vertical. In GCD they talked about how they aim to make UI Toolkit recommended UI solution for runtime till 2023 LTS, wonder how this is going to play out

tpunblizzard and blminaca like this.