Search Unity

ListView binding-path

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by wang37921, Apr 9, 2020.

1. wang37921

wang37921

i using ListView binding-path bind a List with 2 items.
    But it invoke 3 times listView.bindItem callback.

2. havchr

havchr

I think it is because it is sending the first item as the size of the list. It is a bit weird. You can test it by having a ScriptableObject with just a simple array field and then displaying it without any custom view - the UIElements example project should have that setup as well. What will happen is that it will default to :
    header view displaying nr of Items in list :
    list view item 0
    list view item 1
    etc..
    I had to offset my indices to account for this fact.

So the example you should check is the ListViewBinding.cs in the UIElementsExample project.
    This just calls root.Bind(serializedObject) - so no listView.binding - but you can see - it creates a header to display the size of the list. I hope this was helpful.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  3. wang37921

wang37921

thx, if not set the bindItem&makeItem callback, it will show the header and listItem. the information is helpful.

4. wang37921

wang37921

ListView using Bind will show the header to display the size of the list; using ItemSource, not showing.

5. uMathieu

uMathieu

Unity Technologies

This behavior was meant to replicate the default inspector's PropertyField on Arrays. From 2020.1 onwards, you can control this using the ListView.showBoundCollectionSize property.

wang37921 likes this.