Search Unity

ListView and ScrollView Tutorials and Examples

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by piggybank1974, Apr 12, 2021.

1. piggybank1974

piggybank1974

I've been trying to get to grips with the new UI Toolkit painful at times.

But I find examples of how to put these things together very sparse indeed, I wish when teams bring out new stuff they make MORE effort into examples and tutorials on the subject they are trying to get us the developers to use and adapt to, it's like paddling a canoe without and any paddles, lets blind guess how to use it, small rant over.

2. sebastiend-unity

sebastiend-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I feel your pain. Reality is that until now we have been spending a good amount of energy building the toolkit. Soon we will be putting many efforts into helping ease the transition from older UI systems to UI Toolkit. That will include example code/tutorials. Thanks for your patience. In the meantime, is there something in particular you need help with? Maybe we can help you :)

Sebastien

3. Randolphjand

Randolphjand

A runtime example of something typical such as a character list where it is populated from a list of characters and displays multiple fields of differing types including the character's icon. Showing how to click on the character to choose it and instantiate it from the click. Showing how to delete the character. Explanations of why things are placed in the code in the order they are placed would be helpful. If it is possible to reorder the items, it would be nice to show that as well. There is more code involved in using the toolkit and those of us who are not coders need some help to adopt the new ui system. It would be great to add comments about converting from the old system to this system. I am trying to convert a framework I bought on the asset store to the new ui system and there is not much information on how to do that yet.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022