Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Lists missing from Visual Scripting Help !

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by mickstv1972, Sep 27, 2022.

1. mickstv1972

mickstv1972

Hi All, I'm having an issue finding I cannot find "Lists" when trying to make an Object Variable, the Type I want is List <Transform>

The pictures posted are just screenshots from the internet of the options (types) I don't have.

VS version is 1.7.8 on Unity 2021.3.9f1

Any help would be appreciated....

Regards
    Michael

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  2. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

just use the fuzzy finder and type in "list of transform"

Capture.PNG

3. mickstv1972

mickstv1972

Hi REDACT3D_

Thanks for the reply.

I was doing some more experimenting and the "list of transform" doesn't come up in a 2d project, but if I start a 3d project then I can find "list of transform"

I wanted to use 2d to make a game for Android, so I might have to find an alternate way to spawn objects in 2d...

4. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

Hum,
    I just booted up a new 2d core project in unity 2022 and the List of Transforms was available.
    Are you looking for a 2d verson of transform like Rect? The List of Rect Transforms is also available.

Perhaps you only need to regenerate the nodes via Project Settings?
    Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

5. mickstv1972

mickstv1972

Thanks again for the reply.

I've been using Ubuntu as my OS, because it uses less system resources anyway I plugged the Windows SSD back in and loaded a 2d project and "list of transform" now shows up. So it's a Linux compatibility issue with Unity....

REDACT3D_ likes this.
  6. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

beauty, at least we know now what the deal was

7. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

You could also use AoTlist which accepts any type and is required for IL2CPP scripting backend to work properly. Regular generic lists work only on Mono scripting backend.

REDACT3D_ likes this.