Search Unity

List of ripped models (stolen models) on the asset store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AlexOvch, Aug 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OccularMalice

OccularMalice

Apologies I agree, it's no longer a list of assets and has a life of it's own. I think the topic is important but perhaps should be moved elsewhere if that's more appropriate.

2. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Excellent post!

3. Rowlan

Rowlan

You can keep posting screenshots and your insults all you want. As I said, it's a waste of time to get into this any further. But since the moderation obviously lets your insults slide after I reported them, here's one more:

Comparison of the tail with the ripped asset. I kept it with the original scale:

comparison tail.png
    Or the ear and area around it:

comparison 1.png
    Do you want me to colorize the matching vertices? I guess we all know what happened.

And as a side note: The link to * Redacted * can also be reversed. With all implications.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  4. fbxdownloads

fbxdownloads

As said earlier its difficult to educate you. You dont know how modeling work process is done people who know technical things here they will understand better..cant you see the diffrence by viusually , i clearly made screenshots and posted . you came up with small tail there .what about other places. You understood the truth ..still fighting logicless. Dude you are again doing wrong .if you know some modeling artist take help from them..you are not right person to judge.the flow is different. Mesh count is massively different..legs, stomach, face, nose..uv latout, texture page..there are manythings..you are blind in every area.all you know is reporting..first check yourself before saying anything to others..then no need to report for your insults.if you write things without knowledge you will keep get insulting..the mesh you are showing has 3k vertices, ours is 12 k , no way that they will match, first give an explanation to the screenshots which i attached above .and hire a artist to open your stupid eye to get this nonsense out from your brain.
    I still want to see portfolio , want to know what are you upto? Are you a modeler? If it is true difficult to survive in the industry with this poor techincal knowledge ..i dont think so you are modeler! No way..with this knowledge.why dont you compare everything in the model .no one can make new uv layout with ripped because they all are lot of tries,highly impossible Task.i am trying to explain things in every way.you dont really want to know the actual truth.you dont want to loose the fight. Shame . ..

5. Rowlan

Rowlan

So you're saying I'm wrong in assuming you took a ripped model from a commercial game, modified that model, did a not so good job at that and sold it on the Unity Asset Store? Because that's how it looks from the comparison, I can't help it, it's just the obvious data.

What's your explanation for the matching vertices? I mean, that's quite a lot. Too many to be just random. Please educate me. Thank you very much!

entropicjoey1 likes this.
  6. fbxdownloads

fbxdownloads

Again first look at the screenshots..you are saying that is random..you must have tried every way to proove wrong ..in entire body you got onky ear part and tail part..let me explain you..for example you are creating an eye.that mesh is close to spear.that cant be changed..if i change the sphere flow..that is no more eye..same way some areas no matter who does it they look same.but again it is only 10 percent similarities you seen in the model..not even 10 percent.Why dont you look at entire body..you kindly take time and comeup with great comparisions..you check every place..then you will understand..this is truly done by our team..we also made blend shapes with it..just simoly dont blame us..for some similarity in thr market..if ripping is the choice why do we have only lion in the store..just think that is not our goal..you took conpletely wrong. we made hundreds of assets ..if you think we do rips..what about other assets..did you find them any where? Why do we choose such long process of ripping .if you start working from maya scratch that will take lesser time..mesh change uv change texture change..all together difficult work process in the ripping model and modifiying things .when you take ripped model you cant change massive mesh count like this.probbaly if you are trying change it may possible in 50 percent of less mesh or higher mesh count..look at our mesh they are 4 times higher than the one you compared.you really need to keep your ego aside..look in to actual truth..give a try by trusting us and then check the mesh and what ever your modeling friends says..listen to them..then come for fight here..kindly ask your close friends who do modeling to verify this is modified or created in maya..plz plz do it..you dont do it on your own..because you are not right person to judge.you are in illusion already that will take time to comeout..probably someone else who closer to you can make you realize..approcah someone some modeling artist near by you..its a humble request..

7. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

Ehm yeah, you are wrong about that.
    They redid the model. They did not modify it. A modified model would have had a rather similar topology at very least. Modifying everything to this degree would have taken more time than recreating.
    Please back up your claims with more real proof in the future. We are indeed talking about someone's income here you are tampering with. I would have trouble keeping my tongue in check too if I were them.. :/

fbxdownloads likes this.
  8. Rowlan

Rowlan

Then maybe you can explain this:

comparison 1.png

I'm talking about every customer's income.

entropicjoey1 likes this.
  9. fbxdownloads

fbxdownloads

Dude.take time as i requested you please ask your modelingn friends ..you know nothing about mesh flow and topology that is clear..as i assumed its difficult to educate you..what you showing is lame..zoom out and show entire thing..take more screenshots like that..you cant do that because you know you are wrong .you wont do it. What you showing also is not matching..see clearly..understand the topology.

10. fbxdownloads

fbxdownloads

again please try to learn things,
    check the screenshot once gain i made for you, i know you wont agree easily,
    there are many variations we can show you , you still want to be there at your baseless claims,
    let people understand what you are up to , im sharing one more screenshot here, just to prove what you are to the people here. again this time im wasting time to educate you.i have never been in to this kind of discussion in life,
    stand for the truth , winning should not be the motive, if you stand at right thing you are already won, no matter you are wrong at the beginning, you damaged our income by pulling false allegations, you cant recover the damage, because of your immature thinking our hard work gone in vain, any body in the forum who knows modeling please help this guy to understand , that he is not right person to judge others, specially when he knows nothing about that, you are just talking people , who doesnt know 3d , like non industry second one.jpg

also attaching the files which he is claiming, please look in to the files guys

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R00WMMI64gE9aAltGYm6pU3smA2SD2u-/view?usp=sharing

11. fbxdownloads

fbxdownloads

Thank you somuch for standing for the truth, this guys made very bad damage for us,now all our assets were takendown, unity didnt do any investigation, they dint bother about anything, we worked more than seven years, created more than hundred assets, which was our monthly income to reach our monthly bills, this guys spoiled everything, all together we have to start new beginning. this guy doesnt know anything, first of all he wont agree no matter how much you try to educate him. he was the bad fortune for us, he is troubling innocent people. and he tagged Mr andrew who is administrator of asset store , he directly taken down our assets. unfair job done by unity

12. Rowlan

Rowlan

This has run its course for me. I sent my data to Unity. It's for them to decide what to do.

13. fbxdownloads

fbxdownloads

you might have understood now, how about explaining about above screenshots.
    do you think you are right to assume the claims?
    you are literally did bad job , one day you will reap what sow.. wait for the time.
    try to correct your mistakes, write to unity that you are wrong now, now its up to them what they will do,
    when you take liberty to write bad about people, same way you should feel response to write them back when you realize, just did the damage and going out? is it fair to you? take some responsibility man,
    highlight thing in this conversation you are trying to hide the things, holding to the tail part and ear part, that is also not matching, no one believe that you haven't observe other parts here, you are being fake here . and you are throwing stones on others. If you are really righteous person you would have accepted the truth before i shared the screenshots.
    im surprised that you haven't noticed legs part, hair part, stomach part, head , eye part, uv layout, texture page, you haven't seen anything until i posted the screenshot , you are blind too, you need lot of help. , a blind person cant point out others , im surprised that way too. How are you able to fight so confident...i have to appreciate for that..in entire conversation here, i see no other better skill at you..no technical knowledge no visual clarity to your eyes no understanding mindset..all you have great confidence without any knowledge..appriciate you for that

you agree now that you have wrong data now, first of all you have wrong brain, send that as well to unity, then see what they will do.

i wish you work for asset store for 7 years and someone else with wrong allegations takedown your assets then you will understand our pain.

first of all who asked to send the data? is this your social responsibility ? now take the responsibility to recover the damage! do you think you have proper knowledge to judge others?
    if you have social responsibility go and educate people sorry if you start educating with your brain world will destroy, you simply sit at home dont do anything that is the best you can give to the world, im still waiting for your portfolio here.

good thing you realized and kept your profile mute . stealth mode . :)

14. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

No way I am going to sort out all the garbage and and clean up this mess. Closed.
    PIRACY... BAD!
    RIPPING ASSETS... BAD!
    MAKING CRAPPY VERSIONS OF CLEARLY TRADEMARKED CHARACTERS... BAD!

Other notes : "Fan game" is not a legal term or distinction. Scar is a copyrighted character, not a generic "lion". Unless you are the copyright holder (which you clearly aren't) you are not allowed to sell/license/distribute it.

Forwarded the Asset Store Staff for review.

addendum:
    I have said this before and will restate it for clarity:
    Because a company has not taken action YET, that is NOT the same as giving permission. Unless you have documentation directly from the owner to you stating clearly that you have permission to use their IP... you DO NOT have permission.

Companies with large amounts of IP prioritize taking action, and may not be aware of every small violation. They simply do not have the staff, so the act on the most damaging first and work through the rest as time allows. (I know this as I have been a professional in the industry for many years, including a decade as an artist at Disney/Lucasfilm). If you are making junky knock offs in the asset store, you may get away with it for a long time. But eventually you will face the consequences as will, unfortunately, those who purchased.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.