Search Unity

LIQUIDUM PRO v1.6.x - Unity Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WILEz1975, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Snownebula

Snownebula

I got 5 errors. Using Unity3d 5.1.1f1 Fresh install and these popped up. This is my first attempt at using this with Unity3d 5 so maybe I'm not doing something right?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/Antialiasing.cs(20,33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/BloomOptimized.cs(9,35): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/NoiseAndGrain.cs(10,34): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/SunShafts.cs(9,30): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/VignetteAndChromaticAberration.cs(9,51): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

2. Snownebula

Snownebula

I tryed to follow the Upgrade to Unity5 thing but I have this error:

Assets/LIQUIDUM/Data/Scripts/LiquidumDropOnScreenEmitter.cs(19,72): error CS1061: Type `Liquidum' does not contain a definition for `LiquidumDepthEffects' and no extension method `LiquidumDepthEffects' of type `Liquidum' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

3. Snownebula

Snownebula

I commented out that line. I just have one last problem. I adjusted the Additional Distortion and the Static scale but I am still got a box look when the lighting happens.

Attached Files:

4. Aentropy

Aentropy

Any plans to make this work with Oculus DK2? Current Unity 5.1 VR mode forces all cameras to rotate/move with the Oculus which breaks a few things in Liquidum, mainly water-droplets on camera with trail renderers are broken.

5. Gua

Gua

I've noticed that there's an indoor sound for rain. But are there any scripts that will crossfide to rain sound to indoor sound?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  6. FreakForFreedom

FreakForFreedom

Any news about this? I for once would love to be able to set the angle of the trails... I have some weird outer space rain storm physics in mind. :D

7. Discaulit

Discaulit

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to synchronize the weather events across multiple computer ?

The project have multiple cameras and in some computers, we can select our camera to get the same view that the one on another computer.
    So what I would like is that if a drop is flowing at (x,y) position on the camera on the computer 1, if from the computer 2 I select the camera of the computer 1, the drop is flowing at the same position.
    Or if there is a bolt of lightning at T time on the computer 1 behind a tree, the user on the computer 2 would see the same one at the same time if I choose to see the computer 2's camera

Until now, I have tried to set the Random.seed and also synchronized the Time on the different machines, but nothing works.

Does someone have any idea ?

8. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

My guess would be to setup some simple networking and synchronization using Photon Networking. If I were to try to do this I would probably try to see if I can have all liquidium controlled by the host cameras instead of having it on each user. Then I would try to have the users that need liquidium synchronization use the cameras already in the scene from the user acting as master, based on networking needs I would adjust accordingly.

Perhaps using a render texture can be a good solution as well, with this you can just have the render texture set to show what the liquidium camera sees and pass that to other cameras..

9. Discaulit

Discaulit

Thanks for the answer.

I think I will try the render texture method, because I am not sure I can use the other one as you said, I will still take a look at the Photon Networking. I'll try to describe the application a bit more ; maybe I just misunderstood what you said.

I have 4 differents (+ a server) users and no one can move :
    - one who will see only from his point of view and can't switch ;
    - another one who sees the first user who can't switch ;
    - a "master" who can see from the two previous view or from his own view (seeing the first user also) ;
    - an "observer" who can select 4 different views, including the first two views.
    And as a selection mode, you can click on the view of the camera you want in a little mosaic.

So even before talking of synchronizing between different computers, I meet the problem that I do not see the rain falling from the sky in all the cameras even in the same user application. I am working on it before asking for help (I can ask for help as you see, but I prefer to search on my own before), but so far with no success.

"I would probably try to see if I can have all liquidium controlled by the host cameras" => what do you mean by this ? Only having the Liquidum script in the "master" app and disabling it in the others ?

Currently the "master" is the one who selects every effects (liquidum and others), and they are synchronized using RPC calls when I change them. So when I select "Rain&Hail" for instance in the master app, I send this selection in the other apps for them to select it also. I guess it's where I go wrong for Liquidum, even if it works with other scripts this way.

(All apps are in fact the same one, using config files to choose in which mode you want to launch the app).

10. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

When I think about this scenario I relate it to the basics in Unity in that everything is a component and these components give us the functionality based on configurations. That being said, you should only need one instance of liquidium running in your scene that you reference and pass around to other cameras in the way you decide on. I've not tried to do what you're describing, but based on what I know of Liquidium it needs to be a child of the camera object that it's affecting, part of the solution may be to reassign Liquidium as a child of the new camera as it's setActive.

Once you can get the local cameras setup to use the single instance of Liquidium on camera and successfully pass it around you should be able to add the networking layer into the scene. Most common networking setups in Unity use Photon and will set one user as the master and all data is synced through the master user, when this user disconnects another user is automatically assigned to be the master. So you can write your networking logic based on if the photon view is yours or not as photon automatically syncs everything when configured properly. I would then assume that when networking is configured you can pass around the liquidium reference as needed and take the instance references from the master/host user as users connect/disconnect from the game.

11. Discaulit

Discaulit

I already have only one reference of the Liquidum script in my scene. I had read in the doc that the prefab should indeed be attached as a child of the camera, but right now it is not as I am not sure how to handle the fact that I can have up to 4 cameras activated and that you can see in the same time :
    - one main camera that takes all your screen ;
    - two or three cameras in a mosaic which displays in live their point of view ;
    - you can switch the main camera by clicking on the the preview in the mosaic.
    Here's how it looks like (good schema is better than 1000 words) : App_specMode.png

For my problem about the rain not seen in every camera, I've solved it by disabling a camera added for the server and tagged as "MainCamera" but was not disabled when the app is not launch as server.
    Now I see the rain in every camera tagged as "MainCamera", even in their previews in the mosaic, in every configuration of the app. So it is still a big up since the last day !

I will still try to move the script as I switch the main camera (it was already the next thing I wanted to try out), but I am not really optimistic about this. I'll still let you know the result.
    About the synchronization of the Liquidum script, what do you want to sync, and from which user ?
    [EDIT:]
    When I move the Liquidum script with the main view, I keep the drop on the screen exactly at the same point accross those cameras, which is really not I want : if user1 has a drop in the eye, it does not mean that user2 has the same one at the same time (and it still does not sync between the apps).

In fact even without moving the script I have this issue. I just didn't watch for this before. So it does not create this bug, but it does not resolve resolve it or do what I wanted either.
    [END EDIT]

About the users : I can have my spectator looking in the user1 view ; but still having the user2 view in the mosaic. So in the user1 app, the Liquidum script will be on the user1 cam ; user2 -> user2 cam ; but what about the spectator ?
    I would assume that the Liquidum script should then be on the user1 cam ; but then what about the sync of the user2 cam ?

About what to sync : I already sync the storm power & timer in every automaticWeatherEvents, the Random.seed is the same in every computer and I replaced all the Time.time & Time.sinceLevelLoaded by my syncTime computed and shared from the server. When I select a weather from the master app, it is immediatly sent to the others. The weather goes darker in the same time in every app and in every view. It starts raining at the same time also.

The "only" problem is that both the lightning and the drops effects on the screen are not synchronised neither in time nor in location : I can have a lightning at the left of the screen in user1 app but only 2sec later in the spectator app viewing the user1's view ; and not even visible on the screen (only flashes ; I do not have sound while working so I don't know for this), and 5sec later for the user2 app.

So, does Photon provides tools to synchronize a whole script automatically, that Unity Network cannot do ? Because from what I've understood so far (didn't look deep in the Photon examples, but read quickly the doc and examples), it is just another (probably "better") way to do what Unity does itself, such as RPC calls or OnSerialiseNetworkView() with the "if(isWriting)" logic.
    So I do not see the reason why I should Photon rather than Unity Network. If you can explain me how it would help me solve my problem I would talk to my boss about refactoring the whole networking that is already done.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  12. Chevy-Monster

Chevy-Monster

This has broken my project. I could not find a solution to the missing PostEffectBase error, so I removed LIQUIDUM. The error won't go away now. Nothing is fixing it, I've tried four different "solutions", not working. Now my project won't run.
    I am going to re-install the Standard Assets. Sigh.

13. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, I ve sended you yesterday a email to your support email regarding a bug that we had. Hope you can help us soon. thanks

14. Frogger007

Frogger007

Hi Chevy Monster,

a missing PostEffectBase.cs error can be fixed in this way:
    'Assets/Import Package/Effects' then import it.

Attached Files:

15. JesterMaster

JesterMaster

Hi

How can I stop the rain fall through the ceilings? All my ceilings have a colliders.
    Also I get the raindrops effect to the screen even I am under roof.

16. Gua

Gua

I've recently decided to switch my game to DX9. When I did it, I've noticed that Liquidium scripts cause game image to be blurred, close to what you can see when you apply FXAA but worse. The problem is easily noticeable in default demo scenes. Do someone knows how to solve it?

p.s. Do someone knows what happened to the developer of LIQUIDUM?

17. hopeful

hopeful

Like a lot of Unity asset store developers, he's probably working on projects of his own or for clients. If you need support, try his support email. That's usually the best way to contact devs who aren't super active in their threads.

18. Gua

Gua

I did send letter to him. Also I've send him letter couple months ago and he didn't responded. So he's probably gone. That's why I've decided to ask community.

19. Hormic

Hormic

It seems this asset is dead, no developer here or updating anymore. :(

20. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Absolutely no! The asset will be updated in the future, but right now I have another important commitment.
    Sorry for the lack!

21. Frogger007

Frogger007

Yes, continue the good work. Give us a firerain mode too !

22. Gua

Gua

Too late. I've already stripped it out of my project and build my own rain system :(

23. wood333

wood333

I am delighted to hear you plan to continue updating. Come back to us real soon! :)

24. IrishDev

IrishDev

Hi All, I have a problem with intergrating Liquidum into a project with UFPS. The liquid prefab was added to the camera on the hero character. When the game is started everything appears to work but as soon as the character is moved the screen goes black with only the weapon visible. At the moment I am guessing that this is an issue with layers or viewing distance but none of the settings I altered appears to address the behavior. Has anyone encountered a similar issue or does anyone have a suggestion as to how this could be addressed?

25. IrishDev

IrishDev

Hi All,
    Has anyone encountered any issues using Liquidum with UFPS? I asked here before but there was no response. I have even sent the developer private message and a direct email but again no response.

26. magique

magique

Is it possible to make the trail drops on the screen look like blood? And can I trigger trail drops on the screen through scripting?

27. IrishDev

IrishDev

It is a shame that no support is being supplied for this asset, as it has so much potential.
    Had to remove it from my project.

pushingpandas likes this.
  28. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

yep, its dead. EOL - end of life reached

29. magique

magique

Definitely sad. I love this product aside from performance, which I think could be greatly improved.

30. paulojsam

paulojsam

if the asset is dead, the usual unity store curse, can someone advice me on this console error
    Assets/LIQUIDUM/Data/Scripts/
    LiquidumRainEmitter.cs(27,34): error CS1525: Unexpected symbol `;', expecting `(', `{', or `=>'

i am using the last unity version

31. magique

magique

I don't have the code handy so if you could post the entire line in a PM then I can probably answer your question.

32. paulojsam

paulojsam

I will, let me just open the project, thank you for replying!

33. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

It is an error generated by any code changes. This error is not normally present.
    You have modified the script? You can write a piece of code that has the error?

34. paulojsam

paulojsam

i havent changed nothing i just updated the project from 5.3.4f1 to 5.5.2f1. yes i will paste the code im just waiting for the computer to wake up, multitasking is well demanding ...

35. magique

magique

You need to remove that code block. You can't post an author's scripts. It is a copyright violation. That's why I asked you to just post the single line of code in a PM.

36. magique

magique

Just remove that line of code. I don't think it does anything anyway.

37. paulojsam

paulojsam

just remove line 27 is that it, of that script

38. magique

magique

Yes

39. paulojsam

paulojsam

Thank you very much magique, that solved the issue

40. magique

magique

You're welcome.

41. wood333

wood333

Come back to us WILEz, We miss you!
    ;)

42. magique

magique

Wow, just when I thought this asset would never see another update, a new version is posted. I'll have to grab the latest package and check it out.

[EDIT]
    You're going to have to update your asset description though. Because of the lack of support, Unity 5 issues, and other problems, your average rating has dropped to 4. Your description is still claiming an average rating of 5.

schmosef likes this.
  43. wood333

wood333

44. hopeful

hopeful

Glad to see this updated! :)

ftejada and Gua like this.
  45. iddqd

iddqd

Thanks for the update!

46. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Yeah, I'm back.
    And I'm hooking up a nice feature.
    Do you know when a character enters in the water (or is under the rain) and her clothes are wet and drying slowly... (like Assassin Creed, The Witcher 3,Watch Dogs, ecc.)
    :D

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    radimoto, Crossway, Stephen_O and 8 others like this.
  47. magique

magique

@WILEz1975 It's great to see you back and working on LIQUIDUM again. It's one of the best assets in the store. It just needs a little love.

WILEz1975, ftejada and iddqd like this.
  48. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    Crossway, ftejada, schmosef and 2 others like this.
  49. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

New features, coming soon...

Crossway, ftejada, iddqd and 5 others like this.
  50. Annelysu

Annelysu

Hi !
    Is liquidium available on Unity 5.6 ?
    Thanks you :)