Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Lip Sync demo

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by DaveA, Apr 6, 2012.

?

What's lip sync worth to you?

1. I would pay well for this

17 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. I would pay a little for this

32 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. I would get it only if it's free

36 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. I would get this free, but would pay for advanced features

26 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. DaveA

DaveA

2. virror

virror

Cool, seems to be very easy to use. If i would make a game that could use this system, i would pay for it probably.

3. umauj

umauj

I was hoping someone would finally implement such a system. I'd definitely pay something for it, but for that it will have to be more sophisticated though. Keep the work up!

4. DaveA

DaveA

Thanks for the feedback so far. I'm thinking that what you see here would be free or very cheap, say 2 or 5 bucks, and a more sophisticated 'pro' version with phoneme support et al for more money. BTW This all works with Indie as well as Pro, mobile etc.

5. RayWolf

RayWolf

Thi is very usefull and I surely pay for it when it comes out. Hopefully soon! Even a simple version without supporting morphtargets would be great. Or is there already one to download / buy? The scale/rotate thingy? Would love to see my voice overs be spoken bei my toony chars ingame!!!!

regards,
    Ray

6. DaveA

DaveA

Ready for beta testing. RayWolf, anyone else, free to you IF you give me constructive feedback. Let me know if you're interested.

7. Ch123ad

Ch123ad

It actually looks good even though it might need a little work, but this will certainly take the stress out of having to do it all manual. I am not going to lie it does need a little work but I am very impress I might buy it when it comes out. A small demo for users should be handed out just so they can test it on their own, but I am impressed :)

8. DaveA

DaveA

Thanks Ch123ad. Well that's the kind of thing I need to hear, do you have some specific recommendations of what it needs? I'm working on a tutorial video if that might help. You can set the amount of movement based on audio with a simple scaling factor, maybe that needs tweaking? Anyway, if you would like to beta test it, I'd be happy to send you the package.

9. Ch123ad

Ch123ad

What I recommend is having a system which will track the length of the audio and set it on the movement of the "mouth." That's one thing it needs, I haven't tested it so is hard to see what it actually has or needs, but if you want I can tested and get back to you.

10. tzvier

tzvier

Looks like a good start. I would love to have access to such an asset. Of course phoneme support is huge for this, but with regard to what you have so far, it looks a little vibrate-y. I feel like I can see the sound waves coming out of the mouths. They jitter when they shouldn't. I think smoothing out the movements would be really helpful.

11. DaveA

DaveA

Thanks tzvier. I will add a filter parameter for such smoothing. If you message me your email addresses I'll send you a package to try.

12. DaveA

DaveA

Ok I added a filter and a little UI to adjust it. Please take another look and see if this is more appealing. Thanks.

13. tzvier

tzvier

Nice update. It's looks much better with filtering set to "normal" and I think having the variable speeds is a great idea. If it's just one float variable, maybe having a slider instead of buttons? If it's more complicated than that, the buttons work well enough. I could definitely see this as a functional solution now. Looking forward to phonemes too!

14. flayrah

flayrah

Am VERY interested in this for an educational program I'm working on. Sent you PM, please LMK, thanks

15. DaveA

DaveA

Hey all, it's finally up in the Asset Store. Thanks for the tips and feedback. I'll be updating it too.