Search Unity

Linux Unity Editor 2021.1fX Memory Leaks

Discussion in 'Linux' started by deus0, Apr 27, 2021.

1. deus0

deus0

Hey guys, I updated and read the logs for Unity 2021.1f1 (and above) that weird cursor bug that plagues us for several years was finally fixed. Bad news is, when moving from 2020.3 LTS, to Unity 2021.1f1 (and 4), I got memory issues, where running my game in editor 3 times would use 25GB of ram. So I had to switch back to last years LTS version. I am using ECS in my project (Hybrid and URP packages), so maybe they are the things causing it. Well I didn't test for a normal project.

Also before LTS, this memory leak happened at a point in time too. I can't remember when, but it only happened for one of the versions released.

Anyway now i've ran the older editor for several hours and its still only using around 6GB. Compared to before it would last 20 minutes and crash my computer due to allocating all the ram.

I would really like to be able to test my first person mode in the editor, so, Unity, any chance this can be fixed? Is this happening for anyone else, or have yal' stayed on the safe LTS lol.

2. KevinWelton

KevinWelton

Hi @deus0,

Can you log a bug for this issue using Help->Report a Bug in the editor?

deus0 likes this.
  3. deus0

deus0

Will do. Does it let me input the editor version in the bug report, or should I download the new editor again?

I guess using ECS/Linux/Later Unity versions combo isn't as common as I thought!

4. KevinWelton

KevinWelton

It should attach an Editor.log file which will contain the version.

deus0 likes this.